Social Media Coordinator
Important: Please review and follow guidelines in the ‘Application Tips’ section in order to submit your application.
Location: Ninja Tune offices in Kennington (London) with some flexibility to work from home on an ad hoc basis.
Hours: Monday – Friday (10am – 6pm)
Closing date: Wednesday 18th October
Start date: As soon as possible.
Salary: Competitive dependent on experience
We are actively encouraging applications from a diverse range of applicants. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, marital status, or disability status.
We are seeking a dynamic and highly motivated Social Media Coordinator with a specialisation in the music industry. In this role, you will play a crucial part in elevating the visibility and success of our artists and their tracks across various social media platforms. If you’re passionate about music and possess a proven track record of creating and executing innovative social media strategies, we want you to join our team!
Here you’ll get to
Create and Execute Best-in-Class strategies to “break” Tracks socially across all social platforms:
- Design groundbreaking social media strategies tailored to the unique characteristics of each track and artist.
- Collaborate closely with artists and marketing managers to align social media campaigns with their creative vision and goals.
- Leverage data-driven insights to refine and optimise social media campaigns for maximum impact.
Understand and mobilise Social Media trends:
- Identify TikTok and Instagram Reels trends as they unfold. Apply trends to label social accounts, and provide suggestions on how artists can “lean in” on their social channels.
- Grasp, communicate and implement the marketing mechanisms available to leverage the trends.
- Liaise with Creator marketing agencies and execute Creator campaigns. Approve Creator campaign drafts from agencies and ensure they align with the artist’s brand messaging.
- Monitor industry trends and competition to identify opportunities for track promotion and staying ahead of the curve. Research viral content and innovative Social Media ideas.
Compile and interpret Social Media data:
- Understand Social Media KPIs and be familiar with Social Media analytics platforms to:
- Collect data and measure social posts performance.
- Measure the production & consumption metrics of specific tracks on the Ninja catalogue.
- Measure the growth of artists following on Social Media.
Coordinate Social Media campaigns and implement strategies
- Maintain day-to-day label Social Media channels and calendars.
- Copy-write posts for our label channels.
- Advise artists daily on posting strategy and social channels upkeep.
- Understand Social Media optimisations and write best practices for our artists
- Create email marketing campaigns via Mailchimp.
- Develop Social Media audits for our artists when requested.
- Respond to frequent ad hoc social requests.
Source and capture content for our artists and label channels
- Compile and brief content ideas for our artists
- Capture and edit simple video content for our label channels.
- Occasionally attend London-based artist events to capture live content of our artists.
You will have experience of
- Demonstratable, proven and substantial working experience in a similar role.
- Social Media platforms (Instagram, TikTok, YouTube, Facebook, X etc)
- Online Community platforms (Discord, Reddit, Mailchimp, Laylo, Whatsapp etc)
- Social Media management and eCommunication platforms (HeyOrca, ToneDen, Asana or similar)
- Social Media analytics platforms (Chartmetric, Meta Creator Studio, Youtube Studio)
You’ll thrive here if you:
- Are enthusiastic about working on the cutting edge of the music industry, and excited about where the industry is heading.
- Are an active user of all core Social Media platforms and comfortable using native mobile content creation tools such as TikTok & Instagram Stories.
- Are fluent with Social Media trends and familiar with Creator marketing and agencies.
- Demonstrate proficiency in using scheduling and analytics tools to track, analyse, and report on the performance of social media campaigns.
- Have expertise in managing and creating content for diverse social media platforms, understanding the nuances of each to optimise engagement.
- Are creative and always on the lookout for fresh ideas and inspiration.
- Are looking to grow and build a career centred around Social Media marketing.
- Have a genuine passion for Social Media communities and the opportunities offered by Social Media sharing and participation.
- Have knowledge and insight of the music industry (specifically within the electronic music genre) and be familiar with the Ninja Tune roster.
- Have basic knowledge of video editing tools.
- Are organised, proactive and self-motivated.
- Are a strong communicator.
- Enjoy attending and documenting live events.
In a short cover letter, can you please
- Provide concrete evidence of past successes in taking tracks from relative obscurity to significant social media traction.
- Share case studies and examples demonstrating your ability to drive track engagement, including specific metrics, timelines, and tactics employed.
- Discuss your experience in leveraging various social media channels (e.g., Instagram, TikTok, Twitter, Facebook, etc.) to achieve track breakthroughs.
Please send a copy of your up to date CV and cover letter to resourcing@Ninjatune.net with Social Media Coordinator + your name, as the subject line of your email.