Job Title: Product Manager (Consultants and Freelance applications considered)
Salary: Dependent on experience
Reporting to: Head of Marketing
Working Hours: 10am-6pm
Location: Kennington Lane, London (with flexibility to work remotely when appropriate)
Application Deadline: Two weeks from go live date (please note we may close the application process early if we have received sufficient applications)
We are actively encouraging applications from a diverse range of applicants. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, marital status or disability status.
Important: Please read the ‘How to apply’ section below for details of how to apply, as we will only be able to accept applications sent in line with guidance.
Ninja Tune is looking for an experienced product manager working across Ninja Tune and our imprints including Counter Records. Planning and executing campaigns with the Ninja Tune team, artists and managers with a high degree of responsibility, you will manage record release campaigns from beginning to end working closely with the a&r, production, marketing, digital, social media and international teams.
The candidate should have substantial and proven experience of creating and managing record campaigns and an awareness and appreciation for Ninja Tune and our artists. This role will be busy and demanding, and require both creative flair and an ability and enthusiasm for administration.
- Passionate about music and substantial and proven record product management experience
- Excellent organisational skills with the ability to manage multiple campaigns at once and meticulous attention to detail
- Proven capability to work autonomously, demonstrating the ability to make decisions and manage a busy and demanding workload
- Efficient, with excellent time management skills and the ability to prioritise
- Drive and ability to push projects through to completion
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal, with ability to deal with people effectively and politely at all levels
- Excellent relationship-building and relationship-management skills and the ability to deal with difficult situations with tact and diplomacy
- Excellent ability to problem solve and keep calm under pressure
- An excellent understanding of marketing campaigns and of the music industry generally
- Proven experience of digital marketing including an in depth knowledge of social media trends
- IT Literate – good understanding in Word, Excel, Pages, Mail, Outlook etc
- Hard working and enthusiastic
- Work with Heads of departments and other staff, artists and managers to plan and execute campaigns, marketing strategy, and implement that strategy with a high degree of responsibility to reach campaign goals and drive sales and growth.
- Take a key role in organising, coordinating and energising the different parts of effective release campaigns.
- Oversee the ‘bigger picture’ on campaigns and ensure all areas of a campaign are working together.
- Coordinate and facilitate digital / physical releases, setting up releases and ensuring logistical release processes run smoothly and effectively including physical manufacturing and distribution and DSP deliveries and pitching.
- Ensure all campaign deadlines are met including for digital deliveries and DSP pitching and physical manufacturing.
- Work with the physical sales and distribution teams to set physical formats, appropriate pressing quantities and ensure physical stock is delivered on time.
- Ensure campaign assets are procured in a timely fashion – from artwork, DSP/press shots, long and short form video content, DSP assets.
- Create and maintain campaign timelines, briefing teams and sharing release information efficiently.
- Hire retainers and other third parties for PR, radio etc where necessary, and drive and manage those relationships and campaigns to ensure effective work.
- Create detailed reports of all marketing work on individual campaigns, to ensure that all results are communicated to Ninja Tune staff, distribution, digital sales team, external marketing agencies and artist management.
- Create and maintain campaign budgets.
- Work with the Digital team to devise integrated digital campaigns and embrace new technologies, social media trends and their benefits.
- Support the sales teams to coordinate and confirm a strong DSP plan including writing thorough DSP pitching notes and physical retail including writing sales notes to drive streams, pre-orders and sales.
- Coordinate the manufacture of supporting assets including retail posters, stickers, merch etc for retail.
- Work with the Head of Marketing and digital team to plan and implement advertising on your campaigns and analyse advertising and marketing to ensure effectiveness.
- Analyse data including social media and sales data to best plan and manage campaigns.
- Suggest and implement creative marketing on your campaigns and brainstorm and contribute inspiring campaign ideas.
- Look for new, innovative ways to market and promote our artists and releases.
- Manage promotional and launch events where required.
- Artist liaison and accompanying/ organising artists at promo and events where required.
- All other work as necessary, to reach campaign goals and drive awareness and sales.
How to apply
Please send your CV and cover letter along with your salary expectations for the role to email@example.com, with Product Manager + your name, as the subject line of your email.
Please be sure to write a short cover note which shares an overview of why you would be suitable for the role and and experience you would like to highlight.
Any information shared, will be used purely for Ninja Tune recruitment purposes.