Nightlife Music, the subscription service for businesses and creators of crowdDJ® have solved the riddle of how to deliver consumer streaming experiences from a licensed business platform. Now we need a Global Product Manager to help us take this Australian success story international, delivering world-beating solutions working with our partners Spotify, Google and AOpen.
Global Product Manager
Ever wanted to play a defining role in shaping the future of music use in business while enjoying everything the sun-kissed Australian lifestyle has to offer? Well, now is your chance. Spotify’s Australasian partner for commercial music subscriptions, Nightlife Music, is looking for a Global Product Manager to fast track our international expansion. Reporting directly to the CEO, this senior position is a newly created role, sitting at the intersection of technology, commerce and music, with a singular focus on delivering an innovative entertainment product that re-invents how businesses use music.
Nightlife Music is a premium music subscription service for business, and one of the largest employers in the Australian music industry. Servicing the majority of the region’s premier hospitality, fitness, leisure, tourism, retail and accommodation brands; we deliver engaging and interactive experiences that make music a central part of every venue. We think differently, as recognised in the coveted Top 50 Most Innovative Companies list from the Australian Financial Review for our consumer service crowdDJ®. This in-venue music request app lets 1m consumers a month play DJ in their local venues.
As staunch supporters of artists, Nightlife maintain direct licenses with all major and key independent rights holders and partner with leaders in each segment including Spotify, Google and AOpen. These connections help us maximise the value of music from creator, to rights holder, to business user, and finally the consumer.
To support business growth, Nightlife Music is seeking an experienced Product Manager to plan and deliver the company’s product roadmap. Working in an agile environment across multiple teams from Music Production to Engineering, the successful candidate will need to demonstrate a balance of fluidity and professionalism whilst navigating business strategy with internal and external stakeholders. Working initially with already established entertainment products, the goal will be to develop a customer-centric engagement plan to maximise the appeal and success of our entertainment offering for the hospitality and leisure industries.
You will be involved in:
- Productising our existing services into clear packages to maximise relevance and appeal to each sector
- Commercialising new products, including pricing and appropriate sales collateral development
- The development and ongoing implementation of the entertainment product strategy roadmap in consultation with key stakeholders
- Turning business requirements into detailed functional design specifications
- Maintaining and improving business intelligence through quantitative and qualitative market analysis
To be considered for this role, please attach a cover letter addressing the following:
- 5+ years’ experience as a successful Product Manager in technical or music business related industries
- Bachelor of Business majoring in Communications, Economics or Marketing
- Working knowledge of Agile development methodologies – Product Management certification desirable
- Analytically minded, with an ability to tell a story and bring others along on the journey
- Ability to quickly master new software and technology, with a keen eye for detail
- Fluent in the use of Microsoft Office and highly skilled in Excel and PowerPoint
- Strong interpersonal skills; ability to work collaboratively with other team members
- Proven time management skills with the ability to manage conflicting priorities effectively
- Right to live and work in Australia
Nightlife’s commitment to creating an enjoyable and healthy workplace, life balance and career development ensures a career path exists for high achievers.
To apply confidentially, please forward your resume and cover letter addressing the selection criteria to Heidi Richards, email: firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information, check out our Careers Page http://www.nightlife.com.au/bl