Reports to: VP Publicity
Responsible for: Working with the senior team members to create and execute effective media campaigns for Nettwerk artists.
Nettwerk Music Group is a full-service artist development and music intellectual property brand builder with a history spanning over 35 years. Nettwerk operates a global organization with offices in major cities around the world and an infrastructure to match. At Nettwerk, we pride ourselves on our ability to anticipate shifts in consumer behavior and effectively leverage technology to place great music in the hands of fans. We’re looking for inspired, skilled, and energetic people to help us deliver on that promise. We work with over 180 artists across various genres with an overarching philosophy to help inspire creatives to grow their careers and realize their vision.
The Publicist will work alongside the publicity team to execute effective media campaigns for Nettwerk Artists and monitor artists’ presence within media through high-quality organization and attention to detail. The job requires a highly motivated multitasker with strong writing, research, and interpersonal skills. Applicants should be organized, ambitious, and a team player with a strong knowledge of music & entertainment media and proven experience working with national & regional outlets, including online, print, blogs, TV bookers, NPR producers, podcast producers and social media outlets/influencers.
- Planning and executing short-term and long-term effective media campaigns across national and regional outlets for Nettwerk artists
- Create and disseminate press releases around major assets (singles, videos, eps, albums, tours etc.) with thorough follow-up to maximize placement and coverage.
- Gather and maintain artist assets (long- and short-form biographies, press photos)
- Work with label marketing team (marketing, online, radio, sales, and managers) to help create and execute integrated marketing plans
- Track and report artist press coverage
- Update and maintain press database
Qualified candidates for this position must have:
- 3-5 years music publicity experience
- Extremely strong writing skills with proven experience writing press releases and pitches
- Strong understanding of music media outlets, especially online media
- Strong knowledge of and active user of social media platforms
- Previously established relationships with media and influencers a plus
- Highly organized with strong attention to detail
- Strong time management skills and ability to handle multiple projects at once
- Superb interpersonal skills and ability to work within a team structure
- Adaptable to change and proactive
- Basic computer skills, like Microsoft Office, Google Docs, etc.
Please send a cover letter and resume to [email protected], with the subject line: Publicist Role. We thank all inquiries; however, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Nettwerk is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.