Position: Product Manager UK
Reports to: Director of Marketing UK
Location: London, UK
Responsible for: Marketing support with primary responsibilities for translating artist strategies into action plans and budgets, data analysis, trend interpretation and providing general assistance across the UK label team as required.
This role supports all aspects of marketing and the work of the Director, from the creation of the artist’s marketing plans and budgets to the roll out of artist releases. The expectation is to provide key analytical insight and support to the UK and European team through engagement with Nettwerk’s business intelligence and analytical system.
Nettwerk Music Group is a full-service artist development and music intellectual property brand builder with a history spanning over 30 years. Nettwerk operates a global organization with offices in major cities around the world and an infrastructure to match. At Nettwerk we pride ourselves on our ability to anticipate shifts in consumer behaviour and to effectively leverage technology in order to place great music in the hands of fans. We’re looking for inspired, skilled and energetic people to help us deliver on that promise.
We work with over 100 clients across a variety of genres, with an overarching philosophy to help inspiring artists grow their careers and realize their creative vision.
Artist release support:
- Working with the Director, assist with development and roll out of all aspects of an artist’s release campaign
- Assist in the coordination of the work of both internal team members and outside service providers
- Working directly with the production team, manager artist release schedules and ensure adherence to production requirements and timelines
- Participate in label and artist meetings as determined by the Director
- Assist the team in analyzing data and reports either directly from the Company’s business
intelligence systems or from reports published by the Company’s analytics department; help the team identify and act on trends found in the data
- Research and develop an understanding of trends in the UK marketplace as it pertains to aspects of streaming platforms. This includes analysis of local market playlist uptake, evaluating the impact of influencers and measuring the effect of marketing campaigns.
- Assist the office’s marketing team members to create evaluations and summaries on various initiatives, including internet marketing, radio and promo campaigns. Distribute relevant reports that support both the UK team and the broader European and North American teams.
- Liaise under the direction of the Director, with managers, artists and outside PR and other companies as required to set up and carry out marketing and promotion plans for Nettwerk artists in the UK.
- Working alongside the Director, help create project budgets based on estimates of revenue, contractual requirements and costs associated with the campaign and strategy
- Monitor the state of spending against budgets on active releases
- Other reporting and administrative support as required by the Director
Qualified candidates for this position must have:
- Experience in the marketing of product or services and providing analytical support to help drive such efforts is an asset
- Proven experience in dealing directly with clients/artists is also an asset
- Exposure to social media marketing and promotional practices
- Exposure to data reporting and business intelligence systems such as Tableau
- An analytical mindset – possess an underlying desire to understand what causes what and constantly searching for correlations in unexpected places
- Proficient in analysing sets of data and drawing correlations, patterns and trend indicators and an interest in expanding that skill set and knowledge
- Positive/enthusiastic attitude
- Proven organizational skills and attention to detail
- Strong business writing skills
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Knowledge of Photoshop, Illustrator and video editing tools is a plus
- Interest in & working knowledge of the music industry
Please send cover letter and CV to [email protected], with the subject line: Product Manager UK. We thank all inquiries, however, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Nettwerk is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.