Position: Digital Marketing Associate
Division/Location: Label/Digital Marketing (London, UK flexible hybrid)
Reports to: Digital Marketing Manager
Responsible for: Product Management & Project Leadership; devising and overseeing the digital campaigns for artsits and releases across Nettwerk’s roster.
Nettwerk Music Group is a full-service artist development and music intellectual property brand builder with a history spanning over 38 years. Nettwerk operates a global organisation with offices in major cities around the world and an infrastructure to match.
At Nettwerk we pride ourselves on our ability to anticipate shifts in consumer behaviour and to effectively leverage technology in order to place great music in the hands of fans. We’re looking for inspired, skilled and energetic people to help us deliver on that promise.
The Digital Marketing Associate is responsible for taking the lead in developing the digital marketing strategy for assigned artists alongside Marketing, A&R and Artist Management.
This role is responsible for managing the artist brand across all touchpoints with the goal of building fan engagement and a strong brand presence. The Digital Marketing Associate is also responsible for managing all digital aspects of an artist and product release – balancing both creative and commercial objectives through the setting and achieving of campaign-specific objectives & KPIs.
They will create and execute regularly updated social media plans and be responsible for preparing reports to inform management and label of strategy moving forward.
- Working closely with Marketing, A&R and Artist Management to define, design and manage key digital marketing initiatives that further the overall strategic vision of the artist
- Conduct and communicate in-depth competitive analysis of landscape trends using data insights and strong business acumen to impact top-line KPIs
- Using analytics including DSP & social metrics, continually re-evaluate project and campaign momentum, identifying tent poles and long term goals that guide team efforts
- Responsible for creating digital marketing campaigns and value-added initiatives that support the release strategy and momentum
- Communicate KPIs to internal and external stakeholders and adjust designs/plans accordingly
- Manage multiple budgets for each project to ensure the project remains financially feasible; Conduct retrospectives on marketing initiatives to measure effectiveness such as artist growth across applicable social and retail platforms and overall current and long term profitability.
- Identify roadblocks and challenges with each project and engage appropriate internal staff, in particular assigned A&R representatives, to assist in proactively managing issues
Digital Marketing Responsibilities
- Creating innovative content strategies to maximise existing content, create content and propose original commissions
- Devising and implementing best in class, audience-led social media strategies, driving fan audience growth and ongoing engagement across platforms using insights, best practices and tapping into content trends
- Abiding by the budgets and tracking digital spends being set by the Marketing Manager in respect to the promotions activated for Nettwerk artists
- Identifying emerging content, tech and social trends and infuse artist campaigns with creative applications of new technology
- Determining and applying correct tone of voice, content and branding for each artist, using agreed artist vision brief
- Amplify all elements of wider campaign – marketing, promo, etc. – across artist channels
- Establishing and overseeing approval processes with management/artist/within the label
- Analysing campaigns and artist specific data with a range of other platforms/tools to analyse audience-related and performance data, creating meaningful reports that inform the wider label
- Weekly report creation of assigned artists streaming figures
- Managing and creating mailers for direct marketing
- Creating online paid advertising for the North American markets to maximise organic marketing where appropriate
- Uploading artist content across all social networks
- Understanding specific traits of various UK markets to best fit digital marketing for maximum effectiveness
- Creating and maintaining direct relationships with all key existing DSP’s and emerging platforms
- Copy writing for artist websites/website upkeep
- Stay up to date on key trends, pop culture, new social media platform features, and marketing technology to ensure all campaigns are relevant and cutting-edge
- Abide by the budgets in respect to the promotions activated for Nettwerk artists.
- Track digital spend for each artist so they can tally with the bigger marketing budget
The Digital Marketing Associate will be part of a small dynamic team in the London office, working in tandem with Nettwerk’s international teams; it is important they have a positive willingness to dedicate themself to making the team work internally in the UK, and within the larger global Nettwerk team.
The Digital Marketing Associate might be involved in weekly calls with the North American and European Nettwerk offices, to discuss the progress and roll out of content and artist release
- Passion for music.
- 1+ years experience in key marketing, digital marketing and/or streaming promotions role at a record label, distributor, management company, or agency in North America
- Bachelor’s Degree or post secondary diploma considered an asset
- A successful track record of developing and executing innovative audience-development focused marketing strategies
- Experience with Photoshop, HTML, and Adobe Premiere Pro
- Strong marketing strategy & development skills; willingness to constantly explore new platforms and opportunities
- Experience with social media platforms, analytics, steaming services and apps
- Genuine passion for following industry trends and innovating in the field of marketing
- High level of creativity and ability to think outside the box
- Proven success at breaking new artists
- Strong team player
- Sense of urgency and commitment to meeting deadlines
- Experience managing, analysing, and communicating relevant results upwards; Experience with Tableau considered an asset
- Ability to work well under pressure and multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work with many different departments/personalities.
- Portfolio of work required
To apply, please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org. We thank all applicants, however, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Nettwerk is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.