Position: Data Insights Analyst
Job Type: Full time permanent
Reports to: VP of Strategy and Analysis
Nettwerk is a record label, artist management company, and music publisher headquartered in Vancouver, Canada, with offices in Los Angeles, New York, London, and Hamburg. We’re collaborative and innovative music lovers aiming to create long and sustainable careers for our clients by building deep and personal connections to their fans. We’re looking for inspired, skilled and energetic people to help us deliver on that promise.
We work with over 150 clients across a variety of genres, with the overarching philosophy to only work with artists that create music that we love.
About the role:
Data analysis is core to strategic planning and execution across Nettwerk’s business units. Consequently, we aim to have a best-in-class analytics team by continuously investing in innovative roles that support our evolution in the digital space. This role is critical in supporting those objectives. The Data Insights Analyst supports our artist projects through data analysis, surfacing findings and insights to assist in decision making and strategic planning.
Working collaboratively with the analytics department and other stakeholders, they will constantly monitor, analyze, and evaluate the growth and performance of our artists’ releases, acting as the data analytics subject matter expert for a group of our artist clients.
The successful candidate can blend creativity and analysis with ease and has a proven history of effectively communicating analytical results to a variety of stakeholders. This individual is comfortable brainstorming out-of-the-box ideas and enjoys blue sky thinking about unorthodox ways to create value. Nettwerk is a company that values self-empowerment, curiosity, accountability, and collaboration. The successful candidate will embody these traits.
A day in the life:
- Regular review of the streaming performance for select artists to determine actionable insights and communicate with the team for strategic planning and tactical execution
- Exploring our Tableau BI system and databases, searching for the unexpected
- Hands on interaction with data to find outliers and anomalies, figuring out what drives the outsized performance, and building methods or tools to help us systematize that outsized performance
- Collaborate with the analytics and software development teams as well as stakeholders to scope, develop, analyze, and launch tools and reports
- Brainstorm with the analytics team to synthesize and test hypotheses about listener behaviour and artist streaming performance
- Collect, parse, manage, analyze, and visualize large datasets across multiple data sources
- Constant re-evaluation of past work, looking for ways to continuously iterate and improve the products
- Building data visualizations and case studies
- Tell a story based on your analysis!
Key Personal Attributes, expertise, and qualifications
- You are passionate about music!
- Highly autonomous yet highly collaborative
- 1-2 years of experience in a comparable role (or equivalent technical experience)
- Highly analytical, demonstrated ability to use data to support your recommendations
- Innately curious– the department is driven by an underlying desire to understand what causes what, and we are constantly searching for insights in unexpected places. You have a history of asking “why” and finding the answer!
- Tremendous communication skills – must be able to communicate insights to non-analytical, non-technical stakeholders, and must be confident presenting and defending your findings and insights in front of large groups
- Highly adaptable – we are nimble, and it’s imperative that team members can anticipate and adapt to changing project expectations and scope
- Autonomous & entrepreneurial – you are in control of your position and can quickly assess a new challenge and determine a solution with minimal direction. You are self-motivated to learn and grow, and you quickly scope and solve problems with minimal direction
- Innovative – constantly looking for a better way to complete a tasks
- Experienced and comfortable working with messy datasets
- Strong statistical analysis skillset
- Bachelor’s Degree in a technical field (eg. Business, Mathematics, Statistics, Economics, etc.)
- Familiarity and experience with Databases and SQL
- Extremely comfortable with excel and Tableau (or similar data visualization programs)
Please send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org, with the subject line: Data Insights Analyst. We thank all inquiries, however, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Nettwerk is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.