Position Division: Artist Community Manager Label
Reports to Responsible for: Marketing Director
Location: Remote/Los Angeles, CA Position Summary
Devising and overseeing cross functional marketing initiatives for artists and releases within a community
The Artist Community Manager at Nettwerk is a role that integrates with several key departments in order to leverage the marketing initiatives between various artists in Nettwerk’s Lo-Fi artist community (the “Community”) to elevate the community brand as a whole. They will execute on digital campaigns, playlist creation and other marketing initiatives at the direction of the Marketing Director. They will also strategize to create additional opportunities for the artists within that community to present to their respective Marketing Managers. This role will leverage their skill sets in digital marketing, playlist curation and product management in order to bridge between individual Marketing Managers and overall community strategy.
Nettwerk Music Group is a full-service artist development and music intellectual property brand builder with a history spanning over 35 years. Nettwerk operates a global organization with offices in major cities around the world and an infrastructure to match. At Nettwerk we pride ourselves on our ability to anticipate shifts in consumer behavior and to effectively leverage technology in order to place great music in the hands of fans. We’re looking for inspired, skilled and energetic people to help us deliver on that promise.
We work with over 100 clients across a variety of genres, with an overarching philosophy to help inspiring artists grow their careers and realize their creative vision.
- Develop, manage and carry out digital advertising and social strategies across the various platforms for the Community (YouTube, IG, TikTok etc.)
- Engage with fans and moderate interactions
- Monitor user engagement and suggest content optimization across all platforms
- Respond and handle fan messages, and build out an email list to message
- Develop strategies for exclusive fan engagement opportunities
- Coordinate marketing tools and asset delivery for monthly playlists/social platforms/e-newsletter
- Administration of community submissions
- Passion for music!
- 2+ years experience in key marketing, digital marketing and/or streaming promotions role at a record label, distributor, management company, or agency in North America.
- A successful track record of developing and executing innovative audience-development focused marketing strategies.
- Experience with Photoshop, HTML, and Adobe Premiere Pro;
- Strong marketing strategy & development skills; willingness to constantly explore new platforms and opportunities;
- Genuine passion for following industry trends and innovating in the field of marketing.
- High level of creativity and ability to think outside the box.
- Proven success at breaking new artists.
- Strong team player.
- Experience managing, analyzing, and communicating relevant results upwards;
- Ability to work well under pressure and multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work with many different departments/personalities.
Nice to haves:
- Bachelor’s Degree or post secondary diploma
- YouTube CMS experience / YouTube certification
- Experience with Tableau
To apply, please send your cover letter and resume to j[email protected]. We thank all applicants, however, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Nettwerk is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.