The position reports to the SR VP of Legal & Business Affairs and provides an essential coordination and administration function in support of the Business Affairs Department. The role will act as a critical liaison between Business Affairs and other company departments, primarily the A&R Department, but also Finance, Production, and Rights Management. The successful candidate brings a proactive “client service” approach to everything they do to ensure the BA team delivers an efficient, timely and effective level of service both to internal team members as well as partners, artists, and their representatives.
Nettwerk Music Group is a full-service artist development and music intellectual property brand builder with a history spanning over 30 years. Nettwerk operates a global organization with offices in major cities around the world and an infrastructure to match. At Nettwerk we pride ourselves on our ability to anticipate shifts in consumer behaviour and to effectively leverage technology in order to place great music in the hands of fans. We’re looking for inspired, skilled and energetic people to help us deliver on that promise.
We work with over 100 clients across a variety of genres, with an overarching philosophy to help inspiring artists grow their careers and realize their creative vision.
- Scheduling and workflow management
- Organizing and prioritizing the Nettwerk Business Affairs Department workload (e.g. overview of files; priority call lists; making the BA team aware of urgent matters and moving things up on queue when requested);
- Maintaining an extensive file reminder system for the Business Affairs team;
- Updating and maintaining Status Report (Excel/Trello/Google Docs) of all active Business Affairs files;
- prioritize follow up actions based off of the lists of all outstanding agreements and licenses.
- Communicating status of all agreements to the Nettwerk team and following-up with Nettwerk team members regarding information required by Business Affairs Department;
- Liaising with outside counsel, artists’ management, and other contracting third parties on pending agreements to ensure Nettwerk is maintaining good relations (i.e. ensuring they know we are moving their deals forward when they are in our court);
- Reviewing and preparing documents for execution (once a document is approved for execution, confirm formatting, check schedules, run spell-check, etc., and send out via Nettwerk’s automated e-signature system);
- File Management
- Update the “A&R Pipeline” Google Doc (or other format of document or spreadsheet) after A&R team sets to “Contracting” phase.
- Data entry of contract details and uploading documents to Nettwerk’s proprietary Rights Management System (RMS) and file storage systems (Box.com and/or Google Drive)
- Manage internal file system (Box.com) and ensure completeness of record keeping across a wide variety of agreements.
- Inter-departmental Liaison
- Act as point person for the Business Affairs Department to manage communication with the broader Nettwerk team members through regular communication of Business Affair’s action items and the deliverables expected
- Monitor the A&R Department’s “A&R Pipeline” Google Doc (or other format of document or spreadsheet)
- Maintaining an active, regularly updated File Priority List with colour-coding for urgency;
- Tracking follow-ups and identifying internal “owners” of files across the Business Affairs and A&R departments
- Tracking the status of action items;
- Supporting the accounting and royalties departments on tracking or following up with third parties regarding invoicing;
- Supporting the production department on tracking or following-up with third parties regarding deliverables.
Qualified candidates for this position must have:
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Strong knowledge of MS Office (Word, Excel) and related collaborative Google applications such as Drive, Sheets and Docs.
- Positive, enthusiastic and collaborative attitude
- Excellent organizational skills – demonstrated ability to prioritize high volume workloads
- Flexibility – ability to adapt quickly to new systems and processes
- At least 2 years’ experience reading and interpreting legal agreements
- At least 5 years’ experience in an office environment
Please send cover letter and CV to [email protected], with the subject line: Business Affairs Coordinator. We thank all those who inquire; however, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Nettwerk is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.