Position: Advertising Director
Reports to Responsible for: VP Digital Marketing
Location: Remote/Los Angeles, CA
The Advertising Director is responsible for the development and execution of advertising initiatives to support marketing objectives. The Advertising Director develops, implements, and manages Nettwerk’s advertising strategy to maximize exposure for our artists. The AD initiates and manages end-to-end process and communications with stakeholders and agencies including reporting of results. Working closely with label colleagues in Digital, Marketing, PR, Analytics, and A&R as well as key external partners – i.e. Tik Tok, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube, Spotify etc in order to gain maximum exposure for artists, build fan bases and deliver on release strategies.
The role will require involvement in an initiative to implement and manage an in-house cross-platform advertising management system. That involvement includes, and is not limited to, the following responsibilities:
- Assessing suitability of the system for managing advertising activation across multiple social media platforms (TikTok, Google, FB/IG)
- Working with other teams and departments in order to “on-board” artists onto the platform
- Develop reporting requirements and reports on the platform to properly evaluate campaign performance
- Work directly with the VP of Digital Marketing and COO to develop a resource and hiring plan that scales the advertising function across a growing and very active artist roster
- As assigned, work with related technology partners that are developing processes and systems to automate certain functions, including advertising to support legacy music catalogues.
- Participate in discussions and strategy sessions to understand how to better engage with an artist’s and their related community fan bases and influencers.
Day to Day Responsibilities
- Responsible for the development of enterprise and business area digital advertising from brief through execution
- Build out and manage team of Ad Managers
- Coordinate simultaneous digital advertising campaigns across multiple overlapping projects
- Consult with stakeholders on appropriate digital advertising strategies, tactics, and performance measures to meet objectives
- Manage advertising programs including timelines, strategic briefs, media plan, ad development, technical/legal reviews, placements and fulfillment
- Manage ad agency relationships and media agency relationships ensuring work aligned with strategy and resources maximized
- Manage and analyze target audience research and develop insights for creative and media.
- Manage reporting of program metrics with media and research agencies, ensuring tracking is in place prior to launch to effectively capture results related to objectives and ad effectiveness; providing analysis with insights/learning for senior management
- Write, edit and manage production of accompanying communications materials and assets across the enterprise
- Develop and supervise media and ad production to meet objectives, including developing strategy, writing, editing, and distribution
- Manage advertising, media, and research budgets including forecasting, planning, implementation, and vendor payments
- Other duties and projects as assigned
- 7-10 years of advertising or related experience.
- 5+ years management experience
- Organized, determines needs, sets priorities, selects and allocates appropriate resources.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proven ability to analyze data and effectively apply insights
- Comfort and confidence presenting programs and results to C-level managers
Considered An Asset:
- Music industry experience
Please send cover letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org, with the subject line: Ad Director. We thank all applicants, however, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Nettwerk is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.