Our growing global Music Business & Legal Affairs Group is looking for an Associate, Music Clearance and Licensing, to join the Music Licensing Team. The Music Business & Legal Affairs Group is responsible for all of Netflix’s global music business affairs, legal affairs and strategy, from the production and licensing of Netflix content through to the distribution of the Netflix service globally. This role is based in our Los Angeles office and will report to the Senior Manager, Music Licensing.
This role provides a unique opportunity for someone looking to have impact across all functions of the Music Licensing Team while being enthusiastic about offering general team administrative support. The successful candidate will be a team player who shares our passion for music to help support our expanding slate of Netflix content. Someone who seeks out and thrives in an environment where freedom and responsibility are a tenet, and passion, innovation and curiosity are mandates (https://jobs.netflix.com/culture). A stunning and selfless colleague for whom no task is too small or insurmountable. The successful candidate is self-motivated, quick-thinking, solution-oriented, flexible, and able to calmly juggle diverse responsibilities with grace and enthusiasm. They are able to execute multiple timely tasks in a fast-paced environment with a high degree of organization. Your exceptional judgment means that you handle confidential information appropriately at all times and independently set priorities and see them to conclusion. You are not intimidated by high volume and are excited to tackle business critical administrative duties, and you can execute each project with a high level of precision and professionalism. You are proactive and curious when it comes to the various functions of the Music Licensing Team, with scalability and impact front of mind.
- General music clearance, licensing and music library support (e.g. maintaining templates, folders, redacting/archiving boilerplate agreements, granting productions access to SourceAudio, and timely review of Music Clearance Reports)
- Management of business-critical systems and databases with regards to licensed and library music, as well as keeping internal documents and cross functional teams up-to-date (e.g. licensing/library specific Airtables, SourceAudio audits, onboarding tools, workflow checklists, one-sheets, etc.)
- Music contract administration support such as processing composer/music supervisor/songwriter/music library payments, uploading agreements inclusive of deal terms into our internal contract management system and other support as needed
- General team administrative support (e.g. team calendar management, building access for external vendors, preparing meeting agendas, meeting note taking, offering tech support for team presentations, etc.)
- Collaborating with our Music Data, Tech & Rights Team to identify gaps and inefficiencies in our systems and proactively implementing innovative solutions to eliminate duplicative and highly-manual work
- Participating in other projects specific to Netflix music team needs
- 5+ years providing administrative support, ideally at a studio, music and/or entertainment company (games studio experience is a plus)
- Knowledge of basic music rights and common industry resources
- Tech and data savvy, with a strong sense of how cloud-based document and database systems are used in a modern business environment. Familiarity with Airtable, CueTrak, Trevanna, SourceAudio and G-Suite is a plus.
- Highly collaborative, with clear and concise communication skills (written and verbal)
- Positive attitude and team player, especially when faced with changing responsibilities
- Exceptional organizational skills and an unwavering attention to detail
- Strong analytical capabilities and judgment, even when the rules are unclear
- Ability to work proactively and independently on multiple projects with competing deadlines in a fast-paced production environment
- Ability to pivot quickly and fluidly, think practically and be solution-oriented.
- Curious, innovative and eager to tackle additional projects as needed, including matters outside of your area of expertise.
Our compensation structure consists solely of an annual salary; we do not have bonuses. You choose each year how much of your compensation you want in salary versus stock options. To determine your personal top of market compensation, we rely on market indicators and consider your specific job family, background, skills, and experience to determine your compensation in the market range. The range for this role is $58,000 – $230,000.
Netflix provides comprehensive benefits including Health Plans, Mental Health support, a 401(k) Retirement Plan with employer match, Stock Option Program, Disability Programs, Health Savings and Flexible Spending Accounts, Family-forming benefits, and Life and Serious Injury Benefits. We also offer paid leave of absence programs. Full-time hourly employees accrue 35 days annually for paid time off to be used for vacation, holidays, and sick paid time off. Full-time salaried employees are immediately entitled to flexible time off. See more detail about our Benefits here.
Netflix is a unique culture and environment. Learn more here.