Kobalt Neighbouring Rights is seeking a proactive individual with strong communication and relationship-building skills to join our successful Society Relations team in London. In the role, you would be responsible for our client’s accounts at multiple Neighbouring Rights Societies around the world. Day to day you will need the ability to manage your own tasks and the relationship with your societies, this role predominantly involves general administrative work requiring you to be highly organized and detail-oriented whilst working in a fast-paced environment.
This is a fantastic opportunity to be part of the largest Neighbouring Rights administrator in the world. Kobalt Neighbouring Rights started in 2011 offering a global service to performers and labels alike. Our roster is amongst the best in the world and includes; A$AP Rocky, Ashnikko, Burna Boy, The Chainsmokers, Tones & I, Kygo, Kelis, Lewis Capaldi, Lil Wayne, Sia, Young Thug and more.
What members of the team say:
“I joined Kobalt right after finishing Uni and I have felt nothing but support since my first day. Working in the music industry has been a dream of mine for many years and I’m glad that I found a company that respects and values artists just as much as they do everyone who works here. The company environment feels very innovative and welcoming of new ideas, no matter the job title or years of experience, and I truly feel that within Kobalt there is space for me to grow.”
– Joana Pereira, Royalty Matching Assistant, Distribution
“I’ve worked for many companies in the music industry but none have had the sense of community, support and innovation of Kobalt. If you join us, you can be proud to represent the biggest and most exciting names in Music, directly involved in their careers, as well as enjoying social events, networking, sports, hobbies and live performances. You can tell a lot about a company based on how they treat their staff, which is why Kobalt is so exciting.”
– Sunny SJ Winter, Assistant Manager, Society Relations
WHAT DOES A SENIOR ASSISTANT DO ON THE SOCIETY RELATIONS TEAM AT KOBALT?
- You are the primary contact for a portfolio of performer societies around the world, building and maintaining strong relationships with key contacts at these societies
- You prepare new client registration documents and arrange data exchanges for repertoire registration at the applicable societies so they have all the correct information for the clients we represent
- You will maintain internal and external databases to track the performer registrations
- You are responsible for overseeing that our clients’ accounts are managed correctly by understanding each societies’ processes, requirements and resolving any queries
- You will then analyze data to assist with various other processes across the team such as royalty tracking to ensure we have collected the correct payments for our clients
WHAT SKILLS & EXPERIENCE ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
- You have excellent interpersonal skills, with a track record of building effective working relationships internally and externally using both verbal and written communication
- Previous experience with Neighbouring Rights is not essential but previous admin experience in a rights collections role is desirable – most importantly you enjoy working as part of a team, thrive in an environment that is fast-paced and have the ability to adapt to changing priorities
- Excellent organizational skills with high level of attention to detail and ability to track and monitor documentation processes in an efficient manner
- Ability to work accurately, independently and to strict deadlines
- Strong proficiency in all Microsoft Office programs, ideally GSuite
- Language skills are not essential but desirable
WHY CHOOSE US?
Thought centralized, automated and efficient administration services using the latest technology, our Neighbouring Rights team offer a reduction in royalty collection time of up to 50%, more effective collection as well as substantially improved transparency to ensure performers are paid fairly around the world.
We thrive on creativity and are committed to championing diversity. We’re dedicated to inclusiveness and provide all the resources and benefits you need to grow your career and reach your potential. We offer competitive compensation packages, professional development opportunities, and an entrepreneurial culture that makes working here not just fun, but also rewarding.
If you feel like the fast-paced, rewarding environment of our rapidly growing company is for you – share your story! Apply today and tell us why you are the next best addition to our successful team!