Joining a growing Neighbouring Rights team in London, reporting to the VP, Administration the Assistant, Repertoire & Claims will research and create detailed, accurate discographies for new performer clients as well as making sure there’s a completeness and accuracy of ‘historically’ entered artist discographies. They will work closely with the other teams to ensure that repertoire registrations and claims are up to date at the collection societies, enabling quick collection and distribution of monies received.
This requires a highly organized and analytical person with a proactive mindset and a willingness to expand an understanding of the overall music business.
This is a fantastic opportunity to be part of the largest Neighbouring Rights administrator in the world. Kobalt Neighbouring Rights started in 2011 offering a global service to performers and labels alike. Our roster is amongst the best in the world and includes A$AP Rocky, Lewis Capaldi, Sia, Tones & I, Kelis, Bring Me The Horizon and more.
WHAT DOES AN ASSISTANT, REPERTOIRE & CLAIMS DO?
- Data entry of research findings following complex procedures and rules of recording entry
- Data manipulating and population of client or data provider supplied information
- Accurate filing of release evidence
- Provide timely updates of client repertoire progress
- Where required, be proactive, foresee issues and suggest improvements in the system and procedure
- Maintain a thorough understanding of society issues, qualification criteria and distribution policies as well as current industry news
WHAT SKILLS & EXPERIENCE ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
- Good communication skills are very important, specifically liaising in a professional way with colleagues regarding issues or queries
- Decisiveness: effective and timely decisions, but perceives the impact and implications of decisions
- Person with resilience and tenacity: someone who effectively deals with pressure but remains optimistic and persistent to enter recordings accurately and efficiently
- Track record of good organization and prioritization skills
- Be motivated to maintain learning and professional development, including new technical developments
- High level of written and spoken English
- Strong attention to detail, accuracy and a detail-driven mind-set
Why choose us?
At Kobalt we’ve prioritized creators since we first started in 2000. Our music services and the technology we’ve built helps make the industry more fair and rewarding for rights holders.
We thrive on creativity and are committed to championing diversity. We’re dedicated to inclusiveness and provide all the resources and benefits you need to grow your career and reach your potential. We offer competitive compensation packages, professional development opportunities, and an entrepreneurial culture that makes working here not just fun, but also rewarding.
What members of the team say:
“I’ve worked for many companies in the music industry but none have had the sense of community, support and innovation of Kobalt. If you join us, you can be proud to represent the biggest and most exciting names in Music, directly involved in their careers, as well as enjoying social events, networking, sports, hobbies and live performances. You can tell a lot about a company based on how they treat their staff, which is why Kobalt is so exciting.”
– Sunny SJ Winter, Assistant Manager, Society Relations
Applicants must be eligible to work in the United Kingdom. Verification checks will be conducted during the interview process and a full DBS check on acceptance of offer. Kobalt is an equal opportunity employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, gender, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, or any other status or characteristic protected by law.