Native Instruments is seeking a UI/UX Designer (f/m) to create concepts and prototypes for music creation applications that will shape the future music making.
We are a pioneering music tech innovator and market leader in software, hardware and content for music creation and live performance.
You’ll join a cross-functional Business Development team that works at the intersection of Native’s executive & product teams to accelerate growth of our products and services within a global ecosystem of music creators. We are a team of design, tech, venture, startup, and product strategy experts obsessed with making music creation accessible.
You will be contributing to emerging music creation topics and projects with tasks that span ideation, concept development, user journeys, wireframes, designing interfaces, and building prototypes. All of this happens in a friendly, creative, and highly collaborative environment within the Native Instruments HQ in Berlin.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
You will contribute your expertise within an interdisciplinary team to design convincing prototypes for new ventures. This will include assessing design requirements for new ventures, developing prototypes, and supporting rollout.
- Develop inspiring design concepts that will help define the function, appearance, and interactions of future product and services
- Create prototypes from paper mockups to functional prototypes
- Design interfaces for devices that include desktop, web, mobile, and new music creation products
- Organize and execute user interviews and usability tests at all stages of prototype development from validating design assumptions to assessing detailed product concepts
- Present your ideas and work clearly to the business development team and stakeholders
- Conceptualize workflows and validate them with developers and users
- Create and deliver detailed concept presentations to Native’s product development teams
WHAT YOU’LL BRING
- Highly creative design-driven individual with a passion for music creation & proven track record of crafting beautiful & usable interfaces
- Knowledge of our industry – experience designing music-related software and hardware is a plus
- Design degree with a minimum of 5 years experience designing interfaces and experiences
- Excellent visual communication design and presentation skills
- Proven understanding of human-centered design thinking
- Experienced with planning user research and conducting interviews
- Versed in prototyping to explore and test new ideas
- Proficient in Adobe, Sketch & prototyping tools (scripting is a plus)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English – German is a plus
- A collaborative mindset and team spirit
- Strong projects – new products, interesting challenges
- Design process, from early exploration to final presentation
- Sketches, iterations, and prototypes
- Description of your role and contribution for each project
Native Instruments embraces diversity. As an equal opportunities employer, we believe the foundation of our dynamic and pioneering spirit starts with a fair and inclusive culture. Our company culture focuses on bringing unique ideas together to fuel innovation.
All applicants will receive equal consideration for employment at Native Instruments and we encourage everyone to apply – regardless of gender identity, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. Help us reach our goal in making the future of music diverse, inclusive, and exciting.