As the Product Owner (f/m/x) for our Developer Products you will be responsible for industry-standard sound authoring environments and use your expert knowledge of instrument and FX creation to help us inspire others to create the musical tools of the future.
Working directly with a cross-functional software development team, you will need to understand third-party and first-party builders workflows, strategic challenges, and a complex technical landscape to form and execute a cohesive product strategy for our core content creation platforms and their runtimes.
You will work together with a highly motivated team of experts in music production and technology in our headquarters in Berlin Kreuzberg.
What You’ll Do
- Work together with a cross-functional team of engineers, designers, testers, business instrument builders and business leaders to inform the product vision, strategy, business model and product roadmap.
- Express the roadmap through well-articulated user stories in a prioritized backlog.
- Be a key-figure within our extensive network of professional and indie instrument creators and acting as a champion for our ecosystem.
- Keep a close eye on the competitive landscape, understanding the products place in the market and identifying opportunities for growth.
- Balancing innovation and new feature development with product maintenance and investments into reducing technical debt.
- Leading the development team and working with the organization to ensure the team remains strong, happy and healthy.
What You’ll Bring
- You have been involved in the development of a sampled-based instrument from start to finish and have a deep knowledge of either KONTAKT or REAKTOR.
- Have worked on a developer-facing applications (authoring environment, SDK, IDE etc) with an extensive number of users.
- Expert level understanding of the music technology landscape, the key-players and can articulate industry trends.
- A technical mindset that enables you to understand the implications of and successfully navigate complex legacy codebases.
- Have spent time working in an Agile context that values product discovery, user-centered design, and data-informed decision making.
- A strong communicator and storyteller who can inspire the organization and deliver inspiring messages to different audience types – both within the organization and the industry as a whole.
- The ability to define, articulate and own measurable objectives that act as direction for the team and organization.
Native Instruments embraces diversity. As an equal opportunities employer, we believe the foundation of our dynamic and pioneering spirit starts with a fair and inclusive culture. Our company culture focuses on bringing unique ideas together to fuel innovation.
All applicants will receive equal consideration for employment at Native Instruments and we encourage everyone to apply – regardless of gender identity, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. Help us reach our goal in making the future of music diverse, inclusive, and exciting.