Native Instruments is looking for a Head of Artist Relations with 8+ years of experience in a global organization to help shape the future of music creation.
For this role we seek an outstanding candidate with a strong footprint in music culture and a rich network of established and contemporary artists.
You will be anchored in Berlin, but your field of play will be global. As an established expert you will lead and coach a global team of experienced artist relations managers to help amplify the Native Instruments brand.
You will be central to marketing planning and campaign execution and play a crucial role in forging strategic alliances with artists, scouting new talent and maintaining close relationships with artists, record labels, studios, talent agencies and artist management teams.
Artist Relations is pivotal in the amplification of the Native Instruments brand and the role requires collaboration with Product, Comms, Community and Marketing teams.
- Establish a strong beneficial relationship with the artist community
- Lead the collaboration with your peers from Global Marketing, Brand, Comms, Product and Community to plan and develop outstanding artist marketing campaigns, content and partnerships
- Create excellent opportunities to amplify both NI’s and the artists brand in creative and innovative marketing activities
- Identify and strategize artists matching the Native Instruments brand, products and marketing strategy
- Ensure an impeccable and impactful campaign and partnership execution of your team members
- Facilitate artist user feedback for product development purposes
- Guide and grow the talent of an agile global team in Berlin, London, Paris, Los Angeles, Toronto, Shenzhen and Tokyo
- Leverage and manage internal artist relations in a cross functional and agile organization
- Develop and maintain processes and infrastructure
- Ideation and initiation of new artist partnership formats
- Proven track record in building and maintaining a music genre agnostic global artist network of established and contemporary artists
- Enthusiastic about leading and coaching a global team and strategically driving a marketing and brand vision
- Business creative and natural network talent that can spot exceptional, innovative opportunities for Native Instruments and artists
- Experienced in creative activation of artists
- Experienced in scouting new trends and talents and fostering the opportunities for the brand
- Skilled in managing contracts, licensing rights, IP and copyrights
- Strong affinity with tech hardware and software products, marketing planning and product portfolio management
- Affinity with an agile organization, tech and entertainment environment and fast moving pace
- Background in music production, DJing or composition
- Being excited about travel and nightlife is an advantage
- Proficiency in English is key
MARKETING AT NATIVE INSTRUMENTS
The Marketing team at Native Instruments consists of over 50 staff worldwide – all dedicated to making sure the company’s products are properly presented and explained to the outside world. Creating excitement and demand is the name of the game, with the Native Instruments website and newsletter as central tools of communication.
The Marketing team looks both after strategic and conceptual aspects of branding and market communication, as well as creative aspects like video production, graphic and web design, and copywriting. Marketing is also responsible for PR tasks like press and artist relations, events, and social media / community management.