Rhapsody Int’l is a pioneer in digital music and a leading provider of music streaming technologies and services for businesses, including some of the world’s most recognized and respected consumer services companies.
Rhapsody operates the Napster platform in 35 countries with a premium subscription service giving millions of subscribers unlimited ad-free access to the music they love anywhere, anytime and on any device – online or offline.
Napster combines the iconic history of one of the most recognizable music brands in the world with the vast experience and technological platform of Rhapsody International Inc., the industry’s first subscription streaming service provider. Rhapsody is headquartered in Seattle, with offices across the U.S., Europe, Asia, and Latin America.
We not only offer a best in class music service directly to millions of customers but we are reshaping the music industry by powering companies to create new innovative music streaming services and experiences with our “powered by Napster” music platform solutions. Would you like to work with us to bring this secret sauce to more customers? Imagine a company dedicated to expanding the music industry. Come work with us and make it happen. Impact how millions of music fans listen to music every day!
About the role:
The Sr. Sales Engineer is responsible for identifying, defining, scoping, and documenting specific technology development and implementation requirements for our partners and customers. This role is an integral part of our sales process and the technical key contact when talking and defining product requirements with our partners. This position ensures our technical requirements are clearly defined and aligned with our business requirements and our overall powered by Napster platform strategy. This role is located in Seattle and will report to our Director of Business Development. The position focuses on business activities in North America but will also support our other regions and closely collaborate and interface with the team in EMEA and LatAm.
You have a passion for music and are a technology enthusiast with extensive technical sales support experience in SaaS/PaaS product/service offerings.
You have a strong technical background with the ability to effectively understand partner requirements, match them to available product / service solutions, identify and scope additional development requirements, and clearly and accurately communicate customer development / integration requirements.
You do all of this while support the sales process from a technical perspective, helping prospective partners/clients understand the benefits of partnering with Napster. You are an excellent communicator and can function as an interface between our external partners and internal business development staff and technical teams.
This isn’t your first rodeo; you’ve worked in fast paced multi-national environments before and you know how to talk about technology and define product requirements. You are comfortable talking about both full stack solutions and modular platform service capabilities and you understand the challenges involved in building highly available web and mobile apps that serve millions of users.
- Discuss and define technical requirements for partner deals with our customers
- Main point of contact for all technical questions from our prospective partners
- Ensure technical specifications of B2B deals align with our business objectives and leverage existing platform capabilities to minimize the amount of custom work per deal
- Work closely with the commercial teams on deal creation and pricing structure to align with contract terms
- Liaison between external partners, business development, product and partner integration teams as well as engineering group.
- Solution design, proposal creation, presentation and implementation support with our B2B partners
- Technical project planning and execution aligned with sales cycles
- Support international Business Development team and define overall process and approaches for deal creation to optimize and streamline our success
- Bachelor degree in computer science or equivalent degree
- Expertise and work experience in B2B solutions, SaaS and/or PaaS offerings is a must
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant work experience in technical sales at an international fast paced environment
- Excellent understanding of front-end/back-end technologies and web/mobile development
- Ability to read and understand code
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to connect and work with cross functional international teams outside and inside the organization
- Excellent communication, negotiation and conflict resolution skills. Experience in leading cross functional
- Expert ability to write and present solutions materials, including risk evaluations and status reports teams
- Strong analytic skills and proficiency with Excel
- Familiarity with project management tools (JIRA and Confluence) and experience working in an Agile cloud development environment a plus
What Sets Napster Apart:
We are very proud of the culture that we have built at Napster. Below is a snapshot of some of our benefits and perks, but what you will be most blown away by is the amazing talent you will get to work with here.
- Competitive salary and benefits package, including medical, dental, vision, life insurance
- Free Napster Premium Account (with great music discovery advice from your peers)
- Downtown Seattle office in the Columbia Tower with amazing views of the city, surrounding mountains and waterways
- Centrally located near public transportation, ferries, bike parking, as well as subsidized commuting options.
- Highly collaborative, hardworking, open environment where you’ll work alongside extremely creative and dedicated people.
- Generous PTO (and you are encouraged to use it!)
- 9 paid holidays
- In office snacks, soda and coffee
- In-house live music performances