Napster’s European team is looking for a Sr. Accountant based in Germany, Munich.
Imagine a company dedicated to bringing music to the people, whenever they want it, wherever they are, on any device. Come work for us and make it happen. We make it possible for fans to listen to any song, anytime and anywhere.
About the role:
We are looking for a Sr. Accountant who will participate in all accounting functions within our European based entities including revenue accounting, internal and external reporting, accounting research, audit management and internal controls oversight. This individual will help senior management to ensure company accounting procedures conform to US GAAP and HGB accounting. This position is based in Germany, Munich. The role will be part of our dynamic European team but will be directly reporting into our Corporate Controller in the US/Seattle.
- General-ledger Accounting and related reconciliations in accordance with US GAAP and HGB
- Corporate reporting in accordance with US GAAP
- Treasury Accounting and related system reconciliations
- Inter-company accounting
- Month-end and year-end close
- Compliance with local and corporate accounting policies
- Liaising with auditors and preparation for audits
- Management of accounting projects and processes
- Taxation responsibilities, prepare and filing of all VAT registrations & returns, other local tax filings
- Responsible for local regulatory/statistical filings
- Developing and maintaining internal controls
- Supporting FI related G&A tasks
The ideal candidate will be able to take on additional responsibilities such as supporting the partner teams in business case building and the label teams with analytic tasks. You are the perfect candidate if you are excited to grow into a role that in addition to the accounting tasks also provides general financial facilitation and supports business development and partner management.
You live in Germany – ideally in Munich and are fluent in German and English. You strive when being able to work independently and you are proactive, energetic and accountable for what you do. You enjoy working in an international small team environment where you can be hands on and make things happen.
- Financial Accounting degree, preferably certified management accountant (gepruefte/r Bilanzbuchhalter/In IHK)
- 4-5 years of relevant work experience
- Experience in a multi-national and changing environment
- Good knowledge of US GAAP and HGB; any other GAAP will be an advantage
- Excellent German and English communication skills (written and verbal
- Experience with the Dynamics GP (Great Plains) ERP software package a plus
- A strong analytical and problem solving background, ability to think critically, high attention to detail, and the ability to multi-task in a fast paced and high pressure environment, hands-on mentality
- Ability to identify and address process gaps and implement improvements