Would you like to build technology that millions of people use every day? Imagine a company dedicated to bringing music to our customers whenever they want it, wherever they are and on any device. Come work with us and make that happen. Impact how millions of music fans listen to music every day!
With more than three million subscribers and over 37 million songs worldwide on more than 70 consumer electronic products and both Android and iOS Platforms, Napster is a leader in the Streaming Subscription Music Services industry.
You have a passion for music! You currently live in Germany – ideally in Munich and are fluent in German and English. You have a Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in Marketing and/or Business with experience in music programming, digital marketing and/or sales. You have an established network in the German music industry with deep knowledge of the local music trends and ability to create content for specific audiences. You are at your best when being able to work independently and you are proactive, energetic and accountable for what you do.
About the Role
This position will be responsible for managing the day-to-day relations with the German label partners, as well as handling the local music programming activities on the Napster service. The position is located in Munich and requires the candidate to do some travel in Germany, potentially Europe. Most of the European Napster team is located in Germany and this position will report directly to our VP of Business Development and Operations EMEA in Germany.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent in Business or Marketing
- Minimum 3 years work experience in the music industry
- Established network in the German music scene
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English and German
- Excellent analytical, time management and organizational skills to manage multiple tasks simultaneously and meet timelines
- Ability to work independently and in a small team
- Experience working in an international environment
The Label Relations & Marketing Manager is responsible for the day-to-day management of the German music scene, local content programming for Napster’s German services and marketing. Direct communication and cooperation with our European is required. Main responsibilities are:
- Local label relations: work with programming peers across EMEA and Label Relations in ensuring regular communication with local indie and majors partners, in securing content availability and in participating in Business Review meetings.
- Content programming: support the global programming strategy by creating local music playlists and curated radio stations and by maintaining and cleaning the content of the service.
- Marketing: set up co-marketing activities with partners. Identify new approaches to increase the local brand awareness.
- Community management: plan, drive and execute social media strategy across local channels.
What Sets Napster Apart:
We live Music! We have a flexible and highly collaborative, hardworking, open environment where you’ll work alongside extremely creative and dedicated people internationally with a passion for music. Apart from the standard benefits (medical and life insurance) you, of course, get a free Napster premium account!
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed. Rhapsody International Inc. is an equal opportunity employee