Napster is seeking a Head / SVP of Product Management to join Napster’s management team in Seattle.
Rhapsody Int’l is a pioneer in digital music and a leading provider of music streaming technologies and services for businesses, including some of the world’s most recognized and respected consumer services companies. Rhapsody operates the Napster platform in 35 countries with a premium subscription service giving millions of subscribers unlimited ad-free access to the music they love anywhere, anytime and on any device – online or offline. Napster combines the iconic history of one of the most recognizable music brands in the world with the vast experience and technological platform of Rhapsody International Inc., the industry’s first subscription streaming service provider. Rhapsody is headquartered in Seattle, with offices across the U.S., Europe, Asia, and Latin America.
We not only offer a best in class music service directly to millions of customers but we are reshaping the music industry by powering companies to create new innovative music streaming services and experiences with our “powered by Napster” music platform solutions. Would you like to work with us to bring this secret sauce to more customers? Imagine a company dedicated to expanding the music industry. Come work with us and make it happen. Impact how millions of music fans listen to music every day!
About the role:
The Senior Vice President, Product Management is responsible for delivering against Napster’s growth agenda by defining and executing product strategy for the B2B platform-as-a-service and D2C businesses. The role will be principally responsible for product business performance and market share. This role will partner with a team of full stack developers focused on building key microservices and cloud applications that power subscription and ad supported media streaming platforms. Careful planning and prioritization will need to be managed to grow the B2B and D2C business. We are seeking an innovator who is highly technical, experienced, motivated and hands-on product management leader who is passionate about building platform as a service/product (PaaS/P) and delivering high value capabilities to clients and consumers. This position is located in Seattle.
You are passionate about media and music and are familiar with the streaming industry. This is not your first rodeo; you know the product management discipline and everything it encompasses. You are structured and organized and good at juggling multiple priorities. You have an open personality with excellent communication skills that enables you to remove road blocks and partner with all functions within organization and communicate effectively externally with our partners. As the company’s product visionary and champion, working closely with our Chief Commercial Officer, you are tenacious in finding creative product solutions. By levering all resources across the organization, you strive to deliver innovative audio and music consumer experiences to our partners and direct customers. You are process oriented, proactive and energetic and accountable for what you do!
Develop strategy and product solutions that encompass all facets of a world-class media delivery platform, including content management, personalization, subscription management, rights management, consumer-facing streaming music features, application UX/UI, user onboarding and retention optimization and more.
- Manage and own the entire product lifecycle including opportunity / needs assessment, feature design, feature development and delivery, and performance monitoring and optimization with a strong strategic ability to balance the needs in order to compete in both the B2B and D2C markets.
- Own the product roadmap that encompasses both direct-to-consumer and global platform capabilities development. Partner with senior management to prioritize development efforts, socialize and distill the roadmap into discrete initiatives, own the backlog of user stories, and push the team to exceed expectations.
- Define and own the corporate product planning process.
- Collaborate with platform operations, sales architects, client and partner managers, design team, data and CMS teams to prioritize and deliver a best-in-class services platform.
- Develop platform insights via data analytics and performance analysis to drive projects, product direction and prioritize features.
- Manage a team of product owners, managers and analysts with leadership that delivers results
- A track record of new product success in delivering results and outcomes that have exceeded expectations
- 8+ years’ experience with platform technologies and service models, including PaaS and SaaS, and D2C models
- 5+ years’ experience with microservices, service-oriented architectures, and REST APIs
- Deep experience in product management, including developing requirements in an agile environment, KPI management, project management, prioritization, competitive positioning, dealing with ambiguity, and roadmap development
- 7+ years’ direct team leadership / supervisory experience, ideally including management of distributed / remote teams
- Adept at setting strategic direction, prioritizing, debating opinions, and roadmaps
- Self-starter who is able to work independently and effectively in a fast-paced and high-growth environment
- Willing and eager to be a hands-on leader who is up to your elbows in the details of each and every feature design and development effort
- Experienced in competing against well-funded competitors
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent business acumen, quantitative data analysis and critical thinking skills
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field
Additional qualifications that are a plus:
- Master’s degree
- Experience with gamification to monetize apps and commerce platforms
- Experience with AI/ML and Blockchain applications
- Excellent cross-functional project management skills
What Sets Napster Apart:
We are very proud of the culture that we have built at Napster. Below is a snapshot of some of our benefits and perks, but what you will be most blown away by is the amazing talent you will get to work with here.
- Competitive salary and benefits package, including medical, dental, vision, life insurance
- Free Napster Premium Account (with great music discovery advice from your peers)
- Downtown Seattle office in the Columbia Tower with amazing views of the city, surrounding mountains and waterways
- Centrally located near public transportation, ferries, bike parking, as well as subsidized commuting options.
- Highly collaborative, hardworking, open environment where you’ll work alongside extremely creative and dedicated people.
- Generous PTO (and you are encouraged to use it!)
- 9 paid holidays
- In office snacks, soda and coffee
- In-house live music performances
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed. Rhapsody International Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.