As the Head of Product for Platform at Rhapsody, you will lead a team of full stack developers focused on building key microservices and cloud applications that power subscription and ad supported media streaming platforms.
We are seeking a highly technical, experienced, motivated and hands-on product management leader who is passionate about building platform as a service/product (PaaS/P) and delivering high value capabilities to clients and consumers.
As the company’s product visionary and champion, you are fired up by working directly with the commercial team, platform and client engineers, speaking their language, and delivering value to industries and enterprises that need to partner in delivering innovative audio and music consumer experiences.
In this role, you will develop strategy and product solutions that encompass all facets of a world-class media delivery platform, including content management, personalization, subscription management, rights management, consumer-facing streaming music features, application UX/UI, user onboarding and retention optimization and more.
Your role will encompass the entire product lifecycle including opportunity / needs assessment, feature design, feature development and delivery, and performance monitoring and optimization.
You own a product roadmap that encompasses both direct-to-consumer and global platform capabilities development, work with senior management to prioritize development efforts, socialize and distill the roadmap into discrete initiatives, own the backlog of user stories, and push the team to exceed expectations.
In addition to the product owner responsibilities, you will work collaboratively with platform operations, sales architects, client and partner managers, design team, data and CMS teams to prioritize and deliver a best-in-class services platform.
Additionally, you will develop platform insights via data analytics and performance analysis to drive projects, product direction and prioritize features.
You must have:
- Experience with platform service models, including PaaS and SaaS
- Experience with microservices, service oriented architectures, and REST APIs
- Deep experience in product management, including: developing requirements in an agile environment, KPI management, project management, prioritization, competitive positioning, dealing with ambiguity, and roadmap development
- 7+ years’ experience with software or technology platform product management and/or development
- 5+ years’ experience managing platform micro services and or APIs as a product through the full development life cycle
- 5+ years’ experience with service oriented architecture and Agile development methodologies
- 5+ years’ direct team leadership / supervisory experience, ideally including management of distributed / remote teams.
- Adept at setting strategic direction, prioritizing, debating opinions, and roadmaps
- Self-starter who is able to work independently and effectively in a fast-paced and high-growth environment
- Willing and eager to be a hands-on leader who is up to your elbows in the details of each and every feature design and development effort
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent business acumen, quantitative data analysis and critical thinking skills
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field
Nice to have:
- Master’s degree in Technology Management
- 3+ years’ experience leading and effectively managing a complex platform that is highly reliable and scalable
- Experience with AI/ML and Blockchain applications
- Excellent cross-functional project management skills
What sets us apart:
We are very proud of the culture that we have built at Napster and its association with the music industry. Below is a snapshot of some of our benefits and perks.
- Benefits, including medical, dental, vision, life insurance
- Free Napster Premium Account (with great music discovery advice from your peers)
- State of the art office in downtown Seattle’s Columbia Tower
- Centrally located near public transportation, ferries, bike parking, as well as subsidized commuting
- Highly collaborative, hardworking, open environment where you’ll work alongside extremely creative
- and dedicated people.
- Generous PTO program (and you are encouraged to use it!)
- 8 paid holidays
- In office snacks, soda and coffee
- In house live music performances