The European Napster team is hiring an experienced Commercial Label Relations Manager in Germany, Munich to manage business affairs and relations with Napster’s music label partners.
About the Role
This role will serve as a primary point of responsibility between Napster and its major and independent music labels in Europe. The Commercial Label Relations Manager will be an advocate for Napster’s business strategy in and across the music industry and responsible for building successful and positive relationships with counterparts across the industry. The role is based in Munich and will report into the VP of Business Development and Operations for EMEA.
- Manage the day to day relationships with key label partners, acting as the primary point of contact externally to the labels and internally providing a key perspective of the labels’ interests
- Identify and create new label/ content partner opportunities and work with the Business Development team to target, approach and negotiate new deals
- Foster development of a strategic partnership with labels in various key territories to help guide label level distribution strategy
- In coordination with our Partner Development team, provide input on product functionality and propositions that achieve
- Napster’s business objectives and comply with agreements with music licensors
- Liaise with all internal departments including partner relations, product management, platform operations, insights & analytics, finance and legal to ensure all label partners’ business needs are met
- In coordination with our legal team, responsible for negotiating licensing business terms for the EMEA business, both new agreements and renewals
- Manage label’s digital product logistics and operations, ensuring content is delivered in a timely manner and to required specifications using Napster platforms and systems
- Drive product adoption of Napster’s PaaS technology platforms and services across the client base
- Drive innovation between Napster and label digital and incubator teams
- Provide account and industry insights and updates to Napster and our label partners in a timely manner – be an expert resource
You are passionate about music and you know the music community. You have an established network in the EMEA music industry. You are a strong relationship builder and you are creative and resourceful in getting to the finish line.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience in relevant field
- 5+ years’ experience within a record label, distribution, DSP or management company working with major and independent labels, managers and artists
- Passionate and knowledgeable about music, with the ability to represent Napster in the marketplace
- Extensive knowledge of and relationships in the major, indie music community
- Proven business development and relationship management track record
- Excellent customer service and relationship-building capability
- Articulate in written and oral communication
- Well organized with the ability to maintain multiple project timelines with close attention to detail while being accountable and responsive
- Experience with top digital music services, social media applications, and digital music best practices
- Experience with digital and physical retail distribution
- Proficiency in multiple languages (English, German, French, Spanish) preferred
- Excellent skills in PowerPoint, Excel and Word
- Experience/ knowledge of Salesforce/ CRM tools a plus
Rhapsody Int’l is a pioneer in digital music and a leading provider of music streaming technologies and services for businesses, including some of the world’s most recognized and respected consumer services companies. Rhapsody operates the Napster platform in 35 countries with a premium subscription service giving millions of subscribers unlimited ad-free access to the music they love anywhere, anytime and on any device – online or offline. Napster combines the iconic history of one of the most recognizable music brands in the world with the vast experience and technological platform of Rhapsody International Inc., the industry’s first subscription streaming service provider. Rhapsody is headquartered in Seattle, with offices across the U.S., Europe and Latin America.