Mute are hiring. We are looking for a talented young individual to join our creative and independent team, based in the London office. The main responsibilities of the role will be assisting various departments across the company including marketing, digital, production and A&R.
You should be highly motivated with a passion for music and culture, not to mention the Mute roster.
The role requires you to be digitally confident, organised, detail orientated and able to adapt to new challenges quickly. This is an extremely exciting opportunity for a forward thinking individual to join a dynamic independent music company with scope for growth within the company.
- Assisting marketing, international, press, promo and production department on daily activities.
- Release schedule update and circulation.
- Digital marketing assistance (uploading to YouTube, creation of smartURLs and other short links, building newsletters, social media posts, creation of static audio videos, uploading and management of assets to various social media platforms).
- Management of online information databases (Mailchimp etc).
- Assisting A&R department on distributing audio, maintaining archives and general co-ordination.
- Creation of label copy and meta-data.
- Managing office stock, co-ordinating stock orders and mail outs, and maintaining D2C stores.
- Managing tour stock for artists/management.
- Maintaining tour schedule + guest list management for all Mute events.
- Assisting on Mute related events such as Independent Label Market.
- Providing administrative support to the Mute team as required e.g. organising meetings, travel arrangements, expenses, etc.
- Basic office management duties inc ordering of couriers and bikes and management of incoming/outgoing post and general office upkeep.
- Any other duties as and when they arise, including across other teams within the office.
- Minimum 6 months experience in a music related office environment.
- Knowledge of the following web based functions and social networks: WordPress, eCRM and HTML/CSS, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, Soundcloud and Spotify.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience working with Word, Excel and other software packages.
- Attention to detail.
- Ability to prioritise and manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Passionate about working in the music business which you can evidence either through your studies, work experience or personal interests.
- A sense of humour never hurts…
To apply, send your CV and covering letter of no more than 150 words to: firstname.lastname@example.org with HIRE ME in the subject line.
Deadline for applications: Monday 2nd October 2017