This position will be based in London or Bologna, and will form part of the Musixmatch Publishing team – the team works closely with our music publishing partners. The position will report directly into our Head of Licensing.
We are on search for an energetic, young individual who is enthusiastic about music, data, and technology, takes initiative and is proactively looking for improvements.
We are interested in YOU, and what YOU can bring to the table, we know you are talented, so go ahead and apply!
- Research independent publishers globally to identify market shares and targets for licensing;
- Develop relationships with publishers, associations and other related bodies;
- Negotiate agreements with publishers;
- Responsibility for administration – logging new deals, alerting team on renewals, keeping track of recoupment of any advances;
- Liaise with other team members and departments to ensure information exchange and workflows are maintained;
- Keep abreast of music industry issues, especially with regard to lyrics.
- The candidate will be willing and able to travel internationally when required.
Who you are:
- Highly organised – must be on top of all ongoing matters;
- Proactive and keen;
- Knowledge of music publishing industry and deals;
- Ability to develop relationships with external parties and promote the objectives of the company;
- Always looking to improve the ordinary way of doing things – not shy of taking risks where needed, and being able to manage and exceed expectations;
Qualifications and experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration or related field.
- 2 – 3 years of experience in a similar role.
- Experience within the music industry is a plus.
- Native English speaker. Knowledge of Italian language is an added bonus, and any additional language is an advantage.