Musixmatch is the leading music metadata company, featuring the world’s largest lyrics catalog and +70M users as contributors. Musixmatch is a partner of companies like Spotify, Apple, Amazon, Facebook, Google, MTV, Shazam, Vevo and has a partnership with +4,000 indie music publishers and top music publishers like Sony/ATV, EMI Music Publishing, Universal Music Publishing, Warner/Chappell, Kobalt, BMG Rights, and Harry Fox Agency.
We are a bunch of creatives who care about our work and what we do. We believe that participation and collaboration are key to getting things done well. We are looking for tech-savvy people who are eager to learn in a fast-paced environment, who have an international outlook on life, and who love taking on new challenges.
To support the growth of Musixmatch and our products we’re creating a new role. Based in London, the Artist and Label Relations Manager will be the business development face of Musixmatch to the Artist and Labels – helping them maximise the exploitation of their repertoire via our global partner base and through Musixmatch Pro.
The ideal candidate will need to be comfortable in dealing with and presenting to both the artist/label community as well as our customers. Naturally, this could be virtually, in person or at events/conferences. You’ll have credible industry experience blended with an entrepreneurial mindset that is able to spot the mutual opportunities for all parties. We’re disrupting things so you’ll need to be tenacious and resilient while being empathetic and collaborative to deliver. We’re growing rapidly so we hope you’ll have expectations to evolve as we grow.
What you will do:
- Be the ambassador and promoter of Musixmatch to the record labels and artist community;
- Identify and make contact with key labels to present Musixmatch and our services;
- Build and manage actionable plans to increase the input of labels to both the Musixmatch content as well as product range;
- Develop and manage programs to bring artists on to the Musixmatch Pro platform;
- Work in parallel with the Global Account Managers to identify specific label outreach activities;
- Be the commercial voice of the labels and artists within Musixmatch;
- Collaborating closely with other teams supporting operational interactions with the artists and labels;
- Coordinate within Musixmatch to develop effective marketing activities;
- Be the point of contact for label and artist queries – taking responsibility to oversee any issue resolution.
- 7+ years experience in the music industry;
- Obvious understanding of the music business and an excellent reputation within your label and artist network;
- You’re a self-starter with a demonstrable track record of business development with labels and artists;
- You can show success of working in remote, multilingual and cross-functional teams;
- You’re joining a fast-paced technology company;
- You’ll be able to show how you’ve assisted and thrived in an agile environment;
- Proactive, you’re a problem solver;
- You have excellent communication and presentation skills;
- Professional fluency in English is required.
WHAT WE OFFER:
- Flexible schedule
- Generous training budget
- Top class tech and equipment
- Company-wide retreat once per year
Musixmatch is actively hiring and, in response to COVID-19, conducting all interviews and onboarding virtually.
**Due to the amount of CVs that we receive, unfortunately, it is impossible to answer every applicant, thus if you have not received a response from us, please be patient. We do assure you that we will contact you should you be selected to move forward in the recruitment process. We would therefore like to thank all applicants for their interest and time.**