An exciting opportunity for an experienced streaming manager to internationally renowned dance label
Reporting to the label manager, this is an amazing opportunity for a driven player in the electronic music community.
This role can be based either from London, UK or Los Angeles, US.
As our streaming & promotions manager you will be the point person for sharing the labels music to DSPs, industry contacts as well as coordinating promotional campaigns and mailouts to radio and DJs. You will be managing an existing database of contacts, supplemented by your own personal relationships with relevant contacts, with the goal to maximize results on streaming and DJ support through effective pitching. You will also manage the labels own playlists and growth strategy, together with the marketing team.
During the promotional process, you work closely with all other label departments in order to gather accurate background and sales information on each recording. You closely monitor the success of each pitch and the records record performance, using all relevant and up-to-date tools, punctually reporting back to artists with sales updates.
You are passionate about dance music and understand the community and platforms that surround it. You are flexible, driven and have exceptional interpersonal and communication skills, both written & verbal.
Musical Freedom is a reputable dance/EDM label headed by internationally renowned DJ Tiësto. Our artists and music range from upcoming (unsigned) talents to established names listed in the DJ Mag 100, and from club & festival music to crossover/streaming dance hits.
- Executing strategic streaming plans in conjunction with label & marketing team for the set-up, release and overall lifecycle of artists, tracks, albums and projects.
- Communicate upcoming release and marketing information to streaming partners, DJs and radio producers
- Monitor and report playlist adds, placement, streaming numbers and DJ support
- Manage, build and maintain deep relationships externally with streaming partners, curators, DJs and industry contacts all functions.
- Engage with all artists & internal team to compile up to date pitch sheets and release descriptions
- Use online tools to research and analyze data on new relevant playlists
- Select and pitch artists for promotional mix or streaming opportunities
- Work with the marketing manager to analyze consumption and performance of projects
- Build and maintain label-owned playlists
- Manage all administrative aspects of work as a streaming manager
- Attend A&R meetings and compile notes as needed
- Represent the label online and at industry gatherings on an international level
- Other duties as assigned
- Understanding of Streaming platforms including: Spotify, Apple Music, Amazon, SoundCloud, Deezer, Pandora, etc.
- Understanding of 3rd party owned playlists & channels and how to effectively leverage these in a marketing campaign
- Ability to effectively organize and select appropriate targets for promotional mailouts
- Knowledge of current and future trends in dance music.
- Existing relationships with sales teams, editors key dance industry players
- Excellent verbal and written communication and inter-personal skills
- Excellent research skills
- Strong attention to detail and organizational skills (including: Slack, task, email, and file management)
- Ability to work independently and take initiative
- Ability to work under pressure and deadlines
- Handle confidential matters appropriately and with discretion
- Ability to Multi-task: prioritize with appropriate sense of urgency
- Strong work ethic and commitment to excellence
- Proactive approach to work, constantly seeking improvement in all areas
- Occasional work travel required