An exciting opportunity for an experienced music manager to join an internationally renowned independent dance label.
Reporting to the label manager, this is an amazing opportunity for a driven player in the electronic music community.
This role can be based either from London, UK or Los Angeles, US
As our marketing manager (Releases) you will be delivering digitally integrated campaigns across an wide range of new dance music releases.
Overseeing all aspects of marketing campaigns, from concept through to delivery, the successful Marketing Manager will be working with the wider label team to create and manage marketing plans for each of our active releases.
You will develop creative promotional strategies to promote music across social media and DSPs, working closely with the label marketing manager, streaming manager and artist teams in order to maximize reach, listenership and overall engagement on each release.
You will lead on all creative aspects of each marketing campaign, working closely with artist & label social teams in order to create compelling content for social media, engaging with relevant influencers and curator channels at key moments in the campaign in order to maximize reach, assigning and managing budgets for offline and digital ad spend.
You closely monitor the success of campaign, using all relevant and up-to-date tools, punctually reporting back to internal and external teams with marketing updates and ideas.
You are passionate about dance music and understand the community and platforms that surround it. You are flexible, driven and have exceptional interpersonal and communication skills, both written & verbal.
Musical Freedom is a reputable dance/EDM label headed by internationally renowned DJ Tiësto. Our artists and music range from upcoming (unsigned) talents to established names listed in the DJ Mag 100, and from club & festival music to crossover/streaming dance hits.
- Executing strategic streaming plans in conjunction with label & marketing team for the set-up, release and overall lifecycle of artists, tracks, albums and projects.
- Communicate upcoming release and marketing information to streaming partners, DJs and radio producers
- Monitor and report playlist adds, placement, streaming numbers and DJ support
- Manage, build and maintain deep relationships externally with streaming partners, curators, DJs and industry contacts all functions.
- Engage with all artists & internal team to compile up to date pitch sheets and release descriptions
- Use online tools to research and analyze data on new relevant playlists
- Select and pitch artists for promotional mix or streaming opportunities
- Work with the marketing manager to analyze consumption and performance of projects
- Build and maintain label-owned playlists
- Manage all administrative aspects of work as a streaming manager
- Attend A&R meetings and compile notes as needed
- Represent the label online and at industry gatherings on an international level
- Other duties as assigned
- 3+ years experience in a similar role
- Proven track record delivering successful music marketing campaigns, with a particular emphasis on Dance genres.
- Strong interest in social media and its power to influence commercial behaviour.
- A team player with a desire to make a difference and contribute to successful outcomes.
- Accountable and organized with strong sense of time management.
- Demonstrable experience managing multiple priority projects simultaneously.
- Understanding of Streaming platforms including: Spotify, Apple Music, Amazon, SoundCloud, Deezer, Pandora, etc.
- Understanding of influencers, 3rd party curators & playlists, social media (YouTube, Instagram, Tik Tok, Triller, Twitter etc) and how to effectively leverage these in a marketing campaign
- Knowledge of current and future trends in dance music.
- Strong attention to detail and organizational skills (including: Slack, task, email, and file management)
- Ability to work independently and take initiative
- Handle confidential matters appropriately and with discretion
- Strong work ethic and commitment to excellence
- Passionate and knowledgeable about Dance and Electronic music and culture.
- Excellent communication skills
- Occasional work travel required