An exciting opportunity for a driven (Junior)* A&R to join an internationally renowned dance label.
Musical Freedom is a reputable independent dance/EDM label. Our global artist pool and music ranges from upcoming (unsigned) talents to established DJs listed in the DJ Mag 100, and from club & festival music to crossover/streaming dance hits.
As our (Junior) A&R you are the eyes and ears of our label, ensuring a supply of what our fans and DJs consider great club & festival records. You will be working closely with our existing and future roster of artists, providing steady and creative feedback on both production and writing in order to maximize the quality and relevancy of their output.
Using all relevant tools and communities available, you will be keeping an ear out for what (unsigned) music and artists are a potential fit our label, and upon wider review work actively to negotiate terms and deals to sign approved projects to the label.
During the A&R process, you work closely with all other label departments in order to gather accurate background and sales information on each recording. You closely monitor the success of each artist & record performance, using all relevant and up-to-date tools, analytics and information available, actively reviewing and adjusting the A&R strategy where needed.
You are passionate about dance music and understand the community, platforms and industry that surround it. You are flexible, driven and have exceptional interpersonal and communication skills, both written & verbal.
Title & salary will be DOE.
- Sign and develop electronic music artists and projects into hit releases
- Thoroughly review, feedback and route demos by signed and unsigned artists
- Help to craft the musical direction of the label
- Use online tools to research and analyze data on signed and unsigned artists.
- Develop strong artist relationships
- Manage all administrative aspects of work as an A&R
- Discuss and communicate fair artist and song terms internally and to third parties (artists, managers, lawyers, etc)
- Log and respond to demo & track submissions
- Attend A&R meetings and draft A&R reports as needed
- Coordinate copyright clearances and sample licenses
- Represent the label online and at industry gatherings on an international level
- Other duties as assigned
- Strong familiarity with the label, it’s roster, affiliated DJs and fans is a minimum requirement
- Working knowledge of Ableton, Logic or Pro Tools is a requirement
- Excellent research skills
- Knowledge of current and future trends in dance music.
- Strong understanding of production and creative side of music business
- Experience or working knowledge of key industry players and familiarity with all music
- Excellent verbal and written communication and inter-personal skills
- Strong attention to detail and organizational skills (including: Slack, task, email, and file management)
- Ability to work independently and take initiative
- Ability to work under pressure and deadlines
- Handle confidential matters appropriately and with discretion
- Ability to Multi-task: prioritize with appropriate sense of urgency
- Ability to pinpoint problems and identify solutions
- Proactive approach to work, constantly seeking improvement in all areas
- Occasional work travel required