The Music Sales Group is looking for a Licensing Administrator to join its London-based team who are responsible for liaising with colleagues worldwide.
The role embraces a range of different licenses, focussing primarily on the negotiation and licensing of grand rights in music used on stage.
Music Sales Group is a dynamic, independent, and global music publisher, owning and managing over 200,000 popular and classical copyrights.
It works with a large catalogue of living composers, some of the most important in their respective fields, across a wide range of genres and idioms.
The successful candidate will work closely with the existing licensing team, reporting to the Managing Director of Chester Music Ltd, and will be responsible for the processing of external requests to license our extensive catalogue of Grand Rights.
This position presents an exciting opportunity for anyone looking to develop a career in music publishing, right in the heart of London.
- Negotiating licences and fees for the dramatic use of copyrights in the UK and in overseas territories where there is no direct representation
- Liaising with the hire library with regards to sending out performance materials on the completion of grand right licences
- Liaising with copyright owners for approval as appropriate
- Liaising with overseas affiliates, sub-publishers and agents for approval and assistance where applicable
- Drafting and issuing licences and managing their completion
- Raising and ensuring payment of invoices
- Some experience of working in the music business and knowledge of the systems used in the licensing of copyrights in the music industry
- Interest and knowledge of classical music, but be comfortable with a range of musical genres
- Natural negotiating skills
- Be able to present financial information clearly, accurately, efficiently and to deadline
- Eye for detail and good numeracy ability
- High standard of written and verbal communication and be able to communicate effectively and build good working relationships with internal MSG departments as well as overseas affiliates and sub-publishers.
- Good inter-personal skills which are essential to ensure positive customer and internal relationships, and successful licensing outcomes
- Team player
Email CV and covering letter to Jenn Perry at email@example.com
Closing date for applications 18th May 2018