The MPA Group (comprising Music Publishers Association, Mechanical-Copyright Protection Society and Printed Music Licensing Limited) is seeking an experienced, highly organised and proactive individual to provide executive support to its newly appointed Chief Executive Officer, as well as managing its office and facilities.
As well as providing sophisticated administrative support to the CEO, the Office Manager and Executive Assistant will ensure the smooth running of MPA Group office in Central London. The successful candidate will be a strong multi-tasker with the ability to identify priorities and work efficiently.
They will have sophisticated written communication skills and meticulous attention to detail, assisting senior management with the writing and collation of succinct and accurate agendas and papers for MPA Group’s many board and committee meetings.
They will be an effective and reliable ambassador for the CEO, displaying exceptional interpersonal skills and comfortable liaising at all levels with a wide range of individuals from MPA member companies to music industry organisations and other high-profile figures. Experience of (or interest in) the music industry is desirable, with a minimum of 3 years’ experience in a similar executive support type role.
Application Process: To apply please send your CV together with a covering letter including salary expectations to Lorna Greenwood – email@example.com.
Please note you must have the right to work in the UK. We are unable to consider applicants who do not have the right to work in the UK.
To run an effective and efficient office, both operationally and procedurally and provide secretarial and administrative support to CEO of the MPA Group Companies.
Specific duties include, but may not be limited to:
Office and Facilities management:
- Monitor and manage the annual leave and sick leave calendars
- Manage and maintain the MPA Group Governance calendar
- Act as first point of contact for our HR provider, ensuring all relevant documentation (including the employee handbook) is updated as required
- Co-ordinate all aspects of staff recruitment and terms & conditions of employment in liaison with senior management
- Manage the MPA Group’s Information and Technology needs
- Troubleshoot office management issues and manage the implementation of new and revised systems in relevant areas such as IT and HR
- Negotiate and liaise with the landlord on all aspects of the MPA’s tenancy, with support from senior management
- Manage and ensure compliance with health and safety as well as fire regulations within the office
- Negotiate and manage all office supplier contracts with senior management
- Maintain and manage the ordering of office supplies and equipment and update the office procedures manual as required, with support from the Team Coordinator
Chief Executive [CEO] support:
- Diary management
- Organising incoming post and email inbox for matters requiring attention/action
- Assist CEO with correspondence
- Field telephone calls
- Book travel and accommodation for meetings/conferences
- Ensure filing is kept up-to-date, plus oversee the MPA Group archives
- Arrange issue-led member meetings
- Arrange all liaison meetings with sister and external organisations
- Arrange regular staff meetings and other internal meetings as required
- Provide full support to the CEO in the execution of their duties as appropriate
- Manage and prepare the corporate calendars for the MPA Group of companies, incorporating meeting and event schedules in liaison with subsidiary and sister organisations, and in consultation with senior management
- Coordinate room bookings and room preparation (including the provision of refreshments) with support from relevant MPA Group colleagues
- Assist with preparation of board meeting agendas and papers in conjunction with CEO and relevant company management
- Take minutes for Board meetings if required, drafting them accurately and succinctly
- Ensure action points are circulated and completed
- Assist the CEO with completion of action points
- Efficient and experienced in the role and responsibilities of an Executive Assistant (with a minimum of 3 years’ experience in a similar role)
- Exceptional written and oral communication
- Highly organised, flexible and pro-active with the ability to multi-task, join the dots and demonstrate a meticulous attention to detail
- Discreet and confidential
- Able to work both reactively and proactively
- Ability to work to strict deadlines and work under pressure as required
- Comfortable liaising at all levels with MPA members, other music industry organisations, high profile figures, members of the public and others as required
- Computer literate (proficient in all Microsoft Office programmes)
- Experience of (or an interest in) the music industry is desirable
The MPA Group represents the full range of the UK’s music publishing sector and is made of three companies, the not-for-profit trade association, the Music Publishers Association (MPA), and two commercial businesses Mechanical-Copyright Protection Society (MCPS) and Printed Music Licensing Ltd (PMLL).
The MPA acts on behalf of over 200 members ranging from the UK’s largest and most established music publishers to independents and start-ups. It is a community for UK music publishers and provides a collective voice, as well as providing training, education, representation and a host of other business services to ensure its members thrive in a fast-paced commercial environment.
MCPS is the UK collection society that licenses mechanical (or reproduction) rights on behalf of over 26,000 music publisher and composer members, with an annual turnover in the region of £150m a year. With over 120 music publisher members PMLL licences photocopying rights on behalf of music publishers to allow schools and other licensees to make copies of printed music.
Collectively, the MPA Group aims to safeguard and champion the interests of its members, to facilitate licensing and to deliver value back to its members for the benefit of the composers and writers they represent.