The Music Managers Forum is the world’s largest professional body for Music Managers with over 1200 members in the UK with global businesses. We educate, innovate and advocate on behalf of our diverse range of members. Our focus is to campaign for a fairer, more transparent music industry that operates in the interest of all music makers and their fans.
We are seeking a Membership Secretary to assist with the day-to-day organisation of the company, provide general support across our campaigns and events, helping to build and maintain the membership.
You will be the first point of contact for our membership, so will need a strong understanding of the work the MMF does, as well as being confident and articulate. You will be extremely IT literate, being able to work across a range of programmes and applications including WordPress, Adobe Photoshop & Mailchimp.
This job is a great opportunity for someone looking to further their career in the music industry, with a keen interest in music management.
Please apply by sending your CV and a cover letter by the 27th of October to [email protected] explaining why you’re applying for the role and how you meet the job description below. Applications without a cover letter will not be considered. First round interviews are scheduled to take place on Wednesday 3rd of November 2021.
- Team Support/Administration
- Minute taking, collating contacts, reporting on sales & membership updates.
- Creation of presentations, handouts and member resources.
- On site front of house events assistance.
- Assist Industry Relation & Event Manager, General Manager and Chief Executive generally.
- Work with any temporary assistants/interns to help them develop skills and experience.
- Organisation of office space, ordering supplies, posting, phone calls, voicemail.
- Booking accommodation, travel and transport and collating expenses.
Membership Recruitment & Retention
- Manage and develop the CRM (customer relationship management) system and regular communications in particular, weekly members newsletter.
- Handling the annual management company renewals and invoicing ensuring these are up to date and seeking out new management company members.
- Demonstrate music industry knowledge and the ability to write engaging material promoting MMF campaigns and activities.
- Provide member services including creating new resources and provide advice to managers.
- Assisting the MMF to build relationships with Music Managers both within and outside the MMF membership, growing the community and converting non-members to members.
- Leading and administering all members’ training sessions.
- Leading the MMF Educational Associate programme, liaising with partners, securing speakers for masterclasses and delivering presentations.
Social media management
- Creating content, scheduling, writing copy, creating news articles, capturing leads from social media.
- Growth of Twitter, Facebook, Instagram platforms.
- Event promotion through social campaigns.
- Sourcing images and photo editing including sizing images for web, newsletters and web pages (preferably with experience using Photoshop or Canva).
- Use of WordPress, Mailchimp, Stripe, CRM management, Google Analytics will be integral to this role. Previous experience with some of these is highly encouraged.
- Ability and willingness to learn how technical membership systems work (training will be provided).
- Continuously develop members’ online area, resources and services.
- Payment gateway administration including: managing subscriptions and recurring billing, use of trial periods, coupons and conversions, payments, invoices, refunds, dealing with registration issues, company memberships.
- Be able to troubleshoot general issues with the website and membership system.
Reporting to: General Manager
Location: Gaunt Street SE1
Hours: Full-Time (10am-6pm Monday – Friday)
Salary: London Living Wage c. £21k per annum