To apply: Please send a CV and cover letter to [email protected].
Salary: Competitive dependent on experience
Position type: Full time
Location: London (with flexible working on agreement). Some international travel required.
Start date: ASAP
About The Music Managers Forum
The Music Managers Forum is the world’s largest professional community of music managers, representing 1250 members, from grassroots, to managers representing the biggest acts on the planet and everything in-between. We educate, innovate and advocate on behalf of our members. We are the founders of effective campaigns such as the #LetTheMusicMove, FanFair Campaign against Secondary Ticketing and Dissecting the Digital Dollar, as well as initiatives such as our music manager development programme Accelerator, anti-racist event series MMF Unite and the Music Managers Guide to Mental Health.
We are currently in the most exciting time in the Music Managers Forum’s history as we near our 30th anniversary; with the membership having grown by approximately 70% in the past few years, along with our expanding pro- grammes, partnerships and events.
We’re looking for a dynamic and ambitious Membership Engagement & Education Manger to drive our membership engagement, events and educational programme. This role will also grow educational opportunities for MMF members and increase revenue through educational associate memberships and partnerships to support the membership’s development and education. Seeking collaborations with universities and academic organisations with an interest in training and engaging with music managers.
This role will heavily focus creating strategies and opening doors for the professional development and continuous eduction of our members.
This position will require a highly organised creative-thinker and relationship builder with experience in creating and maintaining relationships, outstanding account management skills and a willingness to deliver partner events . We are looking for a proactive, confident, diplomatic and clear communicator who thinks ahead with a strategic approach.
Music industry experience is desirable, though not essential. This may suit someone with an entrepreneurial spirit and interest in education, development and partnerships. The MMF recognises the positive value of diversity, promotes equality and challenges discrimination. We welcome and encourage job applications from people of all backgrounds.
Membership Engagement & Events
- Lead and deliver in-person and online events to fulfil Educational Company partnership deliverables and activations and design unique learning and networking opportunities for MMF members such as the MMF Summit & Annual Members Meeting.
- Retain membership through the responsibility of customer service and commercial engagement with managers in for example sales of MMF Education & Training, and engagement with benefits of MMF member resources and events.
- Work with educational trainers to devise programs, liaising with the trainers on content, speakers and supporting the delivery as required.
- Support the delivery of special projects (e.g. Accelerator, Tribes, etc.) with a focus on new membership, and national outreach. Taking responsibility for the coordination of the overall event schedule, with input from the wider MMF team.
- Initiate and coordinate MMF activity at educational and industry conferences; with the objective to develop new relationships which will benefit the organisation’s partnerships and new membership pipeline.
MMF Educational Associates
- Proactively lead the Account & Relationship Management of current Educational Associates.
- Lead the acquisition, negotiation and defined deliverables with new Educational partnerships that bring value and maximise income generation.
- Work in collaboration with Educational Associates to deliver added value through partnership activity outlined in proposals, for example, masterclasses, research, events, student engagement and new opportunities such as the MMF Educational Trailblazer Award.
- Handle administrative processes involved in onboarding and maintaining educational partners, Associate and student members coordinating invoicing and account activation.
- Maintain relationships with potential partners and constantly seek to develop new relationships which will benefit the organisation’s partnership leads pipeline.
- You may, from time to time, be required to fulfil other duties outside of these core responsibilities.
Skills and Competencies
- 3+ years’ experience in a similar or relevant role.
- Excellent time management skills, the ability to manage multiple high priority projects simultaneously and work well under pressure.
- A track record in securing new business.
- Experience in delivering events (online and in-person).
- High attention to detail and excellent project management skills and communication skills.
- A keen interest in music management, innovation in the music industry and educational and professional development sector.
- Creative flair with the ability to produce impactful membership/sponsorship proposal decks, event marketing and relevant visual assets.
- Music industry experience.
- Existing relationships with potential partners at the budget holder and decision-maker level.