Industry Relations Manager, Music Managers Forum
Salary: Competitive dependent on experience
Position type: Full time
Location: London (with flexible working on agreement). Some UK and international travel required.
Reporting to: CEO, with dotted-line reporting to General Manager
Start date: ASAP
About The Music Managers Forum
The Music Managers Forum is the world’s largest professional community of music managers, representing 1250 members, from grassroots, to managers representing the biggest acts on the planet and everything in-between. We educate, innovate and advocate on behalf of our members.
We are the founders of effective campaigns such as the #LetTheMusicMove, FanFair Campaign against Secondary Ticketing and Dissecting the Digital Dollar, as well as initiatives such as our music manager development programme Accelerator, anti-racist event series MMF Unite and the Music Managers Guide to Mental Health.
We are currently in the most exciting time in the Music Managers Forum’s history as we near our 30th anniversary; with the membership having grown by approximately 70% in the past few years, along with our expanding programmes, partnerships and events.
We’re looking for a dynamic and ambitious Industry Relations Manager to drive the Artist & Manager Awards, our corporate Associate partnerships and events programme, grow opportunities for MMF members and increase revenue to support the organisation’s development and sustainability. Current MMF Associate members include YouTube Music, TikTok, Amazon Music, Spotify, Songtrust, Patreon, accountancy firms, legal firms, tech companies, Universities and 50 other businesses that have an interest in engaging with music managers.
This position will require a highly organised creative-thinker and relationship builder with experience in creating and maintaining relationships, outstanding account management skills and a willingness to deliver partner events. We are looking for a proactive, confident, diplomatic and clear communicator who thinks ahead with a strategic approach.
Music industry experience is desirable, though not essential. This may suit someone with an entrepreneurial spirit and interest in new music tech. The MMF recognises the positive value of diversity, promotes equality and challenges discrimination. We welcome and encourage job applications from people of all backgrounds.
- Partnerships – Acquisition, Account & Relationship Management
- Proactively identify, prospect, negotiate with, define deliverables for and onboard new corporate Associate members. These would be suitable companies across the music industry, tech and other services, which will provide opportunities for music managers.
- Manage inbound partnership inquiries and determine the compatibility of companies for potential partnerships.
- Maximise income from partnerships in order to further grow and develop the MMF and the service offered to members.
- Work in collaboration with existing Associate members to deliver value through partnership activity outlined in proposals, for example, events, roundtables, marketing opportunities.
- Develop new initiatives in collaboration with Associate members, for example, legal and accountancy helplines.
- Deliver excellent customer service to Associate members, through responding to requests in a timely manner and proactively identifying beneficial opportunities for them.
- Coordinate updates from Associate members to be shared via channels such as members newsletter and MMF social media.
- Handle administrative processes involved in onboarding new Associate members – coordinating invoicing and account activation.
- Maintain relationships with potential partners and constantly seek to develop new relationships which will benefit the organisation’s partnership leads pipeline.
- Lead the overall MMF events programming and overall scheduling, with input from the wider MMF team.
- Deliver in-person and online events to fulfil Associate partnership deliverables and offer unique and develop interesting learning and networking opportunities for MMF members.
- Coordinate MMF activity at conferences such as The Great Escape, SXSW, Reeperbahn etc.
- Implement new events to drive member engagement.
Artist & Manager Awards
- Project management of our flagship awards event, the Artist & Manager Awards, working with support from the MMF and FAC (sister-organisation) teams, production manager and other support to deliver the event from start to finish.
- Responsible for overall P/L working with associates/sponsors – ensure revenue is maximised and keep costs in check.
- Establish planning timeline and delegate within the team, while working across all aspects of the event – from sponsorship and ticket sales, to nominations process, liaising with sponsors, award winners/nominees and driving show production in collaboration with contracted Events Producer.
- With the GM identify freelancers/contractors to support resourcing and manage interns and volunteers.
- You may, from time to time, be required to fulfil other duties outside of these core responsibilities.
Skills and Competencies
- 5+ years experience in a similar or relevant role.
- Excellent time management skills, the ability to manage multiple high-priority projects simultaneously and work well under pressure.
- Sales capability and a track record in securing new business.
- Experience in delivering events (online and in-person).
- High attention to detail and excellent project management skills and communication skills.
- A keen interest in music management, new technologies and innovation in the music industry. For example, new social media platforms, live streaming, NFT’s.
- Creative flair with the ability to produce impactful membership/sponsorship proposal decks, event marketing and relevant visual assets.
- Music industry experience.
- Existing relationships with potential partners at budget holder and decision-maker level.
To apply: Please send a CV and cover letter to [email protected]