The Music Managers Forum is the world’s largest professional body for Music Managers with over 650 members in the UK with global businesses.
We educate, innovate and advocate on behalf of our members. Our focus is to campaign for a fairer more transparent music industry that operates in the interest of artists and their fans.
We are seeking a General Manager who will help us continue to grow our membership, develop our associate programme and lead the production of our annual Artist and Managers Awards show now in its 8th year..
The role reports to the Chief Executive and will include constant engagement with members, industry and wider stakeholders, motivating and overseeing a small, but dynamic team to provide the MMF’s Membership with the best possible service.
The GM will oversee the effective delivery of a number of projects and long-standing initiatives, as well as proactively seeking out new opportunities for the organisation.
To see our current team and learn a bit more about what we do visit www.themmf.net
Responsibilities will include:
Team Growth and Management:
- Increase the MMF’s effectiveness by recruiting, coaching and managing staff; communicating the organisations’ strategy, and objectives; assigning accountabilities; planning, monitoring, and appraising performance; cultivating a positive work environment where the team feels able to contribute information and opinions; providing educational opportunities.
- Work with the Chief Executive and Chief Financial Officer on financials, ensuring expenses are regularly submitted, invoices issued and chased, reviewing income sources and expenditure against budget.
- Develop and maintain relationships with current and potential members; responding to members’ needs by implementing new initiatives and maximising value for money for membership.
Strategic planning and use of resources
- Implement strategic plan by understanding external opportunities; presenting assumptions; recommending objectives.
- Identify new opportunities for the organisation and lead the development of new special projects (such as the Accelerator Programme for Music Managers, Mental Health Guide for Music Managers, How Did You Manage That Podcast).
Industry Liaison & Communications
- Build the reputation of the MMF by collaborating with businesses, community organisations, enforcing ethical business practices.
- Represent the MMF at events with other industry stakeholders and within committees of our umbrella organisation UK Music
- Promote the work of the MMF at public speaking engagements with universities and conferences alongside other team members.
- Work with the Chief Exec and Industry Relations Manager to increase the MMF’s income through associate programmes and sponsorship, contribute to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Coordinate internal and external communications between staff members, memberships, board level, trade and national press.
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; benchmarking state-of-the-art practices; participating in professional societies and committees.
- Oversee the delivery of the annual Artist and Manager Awards working with an external events production company and with our Events Manager
- Generate revenue and sponsorship opportunities; overseeing the compilation of the annual Sponsorship Brochure, and hitting targets set in conjunction with the CEO and team.
- Oversee setting objectives for development, production and delivery of conferences, regular member events and special education projects on time, on budget and with the aim of exceeding expectations.
Marketing & Communications
- Experience in both event marketing and member communications essential
- Formulate and delivers administrative processes, marketing strategies and campaigns directly or indirectly related to projects.
The MMF team is small and punches above our weight in the music industry. We are the founders of effective campaigns such as the FanFair Alliance and Digital Dollar series exploring the issues with music streaming.
The successful candidate will have an awareness of the central importance of the role of the music manager in developing artists careers and an understanding of the support a professional organisation can bring to enterprising individuals.
They will have 5-10 years experience in working in a similar role with major event responsibility, be good at working on a multitude of projects and calm under pressure dealing with a demanding workload. They will also demonstrate the ability to engage with membership and other stakeholders and build positive relationships. Music industry experience is highly desirable.
Application Process: To apply please send your CV together with a covering letter explaining your motivation and how your current experience meets the role description to [email protected] – by email.