MusicHub is the new digital platform that empowers musicians to unleash their creative potential and get their music heard, enabling them to build a sustained career, one ready track at a time.
Our seamless DIY solution allows artists to release their music on leading streaming platforms and to organize and easily promote their music independently, whilst retaining full control of their rights. Kickstarted via a company-building project, our international and diverse team of music experts is now preparing to officially launch our service in 2021. Additional content management and rights administration features will be implemented in the future. We are now looking for talented people to join our exciting journey and to constantly enhance our members’ experience.
MusicHub is a subsidiary of GEMA, the German collecting society for music copyrights whose members include over 80.000 composers, lyricists and music publishers. The company is managed by ZEBRALUTION, one of the leading distributors for music, audiobooks and podcasts headquartered in Kreuzberg and with offices in Amsterdam, Paris, Barcelona, London and L.A.. We combine our start-up spirit with the experience of the ZEBRALUTION Group, awarded by digital service providers such as Spotify and Apple, as their preferred provider for over a decade, and the stability of GEMA, a non-profit association with over 100 years of history.
- With our Finance, Legal and Product teams, create the easiest, most transparent and convenient pay-out process for royalties earned by the distribution and other exploitation of our users´ assets and rights, including the set-up of any required KYC processes
- With our User Research, Product, Design and Engineering teams, give valuable input for the creation of analytics tools that allow our users to understand how and why their music is successful and how their earnings are calculated
- With our Royalty Processing and Finance teams, be on top of incoming revenues and reports and how they are broken down for our users, making sure every fraction of a penny is distributed to the rightful rights owner
- With our Customer Support team, answer any questions from users around their royalties, earnings and payments
What you need:
- You’re a total numbers person – the Count was your favorite Sesame Street character and when you look at a table of numbers the odd one out immediately strikes your eye. You love nothing more than to dive into a big set of data to identify any inconsistencies and solve the question of what they are caused by
- You don’t only hold a black belt in MS Excel but are an advanced user of tools like Tableau or MicroStrategy and know how to create your own databases to analyze and process sets of data with millions of individual reporting lines
- You have at least three years of work experience at an accounting or audit firm, in the finance department of a fast-moving start-up or the royalties department of a creative industry company
- You learned all the foundations you need for this job, whether during your maths, economy, business intelligence or similar studies or on the job in your previous positions
- Knowledge about royalties, music industry economics and intellectual property rights would be a plus but don’t worry if you don’t have this yet – there are hundreds of experts within GEMA and ZEBRALUTION that can help you learn everything about these complex topics
- Precision and focus on detail are the character traits that you need to have to be the perfect candidate for this job
- You need to also be a team player as we are developing MusicHub from within a cross-functional organization in an agile process guided by OKRs
What we offer:
- Great work atmosphere in our loft-style office near Schlesisches Tor
- A dedicated team of music enthusiasts who embrace diversity and different backgrounds
- The opportunity to help build an online platform that enables music makers to unleash their creative potential and build a sustained career
- Competitive salary and contract with full benefits of German employment law
Please send your application including cover letter, CV, earliest starting date and salary expectations to [email protected]