Music Glue is a specialist e-commerce platform for the music industry. Our proprietary technology allows artists and their teams to sell music, tickets, merchandise to their fans directly from their own artist-branded stores. Artists get to keep their fan data and manage everything in one place.
Artists can select from a dozen fulfilment providers integrated with our platform or choose to fulfil their orders themselves. Music Glue provides supporting services to artists using fulfilment providers to ensure that the logistics run smoothly. Music Glue also acts as a retailer on a number of products and we expect the volume and range of these products to increase significantly in the near future.
We are currently hiring an Operations Manager to join the team in our London office. The Operations Manager will focus on two areas:
The Operations Manager will own all operational aspects of 3rd party supplier relationships including review, negotiation and ongoing management of their services. The Operations Manager will review, update & renegotiate current terms and contracts and implement new best practice supply chain processes. He or she will communicate with fulfilment providers on a daily basis and handle any operational issues.
Working alongside the Sales Team, the role will oversee the smooth execution of album and merchandise campaigns. The Operations Manager will be responsible for building campaigns on the Music Glue platform, tracking sales across multiple accounts, managing warehouse stock levels and re-ordering products whenever necessary. The Operations Manager will also be responsible for ensuring record labels, management and merch teams supply the correct products and quantities in time for shipping dates.
What we are looking for
The right candidate will have:
- 3 plus years’ experience in a similar role at a retailer or distributor
- Excellent literary, analytical and numerical skills
- Proven experience of establishing and maintaining successful internal and external relationships
- Commercial and contractual negotiation experience
- In-depth knowledge of the current popular music and technology landscapes
- This is a new role we are creating for the right candidate as we expand our supplier base and also grow our retail operation. The candidate will in time act as the primary
- point of contact for our international network of fulfilment providers.
*Please include a cover letter explaining why you are applying for the position. Applications without a cover letter will not be considered.*