Music Gateway is a global platform built with the sole purpose of empowering creatives within the music industry.
With a marketplace designed to improve people’s music and build their network, sync representation to get songs placed in TV & film and cloud file storage to manage music & metadata.
What do Music Promotion assistants do?
Music promotions assistants work on behalf of artists to help secure airplay, playlists and editorial support for a single or album. They often pitch directly to Radio, TV, Press and streaming services.
What does Artist Development mean?
Artist Development is to work with talent to cultivate and develop their career both artistically and financially, it requires a deep passion for music and good knowledge of brand and audio production.
Detailed Job Description/ Responsibilities:
This position will report directly to the Global Head of Artist Development & Music Promotions.
- Writing press releases and setting up artist campaigns.
- Maintenance and management of our contacts database.
- Compiling weekly reports for clients based on promotional metrics (i.e. Airplay).
- Pitching music to radio, TV, press and streaming platforms.
- Discovering new talent for our Artist Development roster.
- Music nut and a can-do
- Excellent organisational ability, great communicator and a skilled writer.
- Outstanding IT skills and social media
- Passionate about finding new talent and helping artists to succeed.
- Journalistic background or experience within radio/tv.
- Previous experience within a PR team
Why join us?
We love technology and our team are absolutely mad about music. We’re passionate about supporting artists in their career. This role will challenge you and provide the right candidate with real insight to the music industry and many opportunities to learn. We’re also a really fun team.