Music Concierge, the award-winning music consultancy for boutique hotels and luxury brands, is looking for a Playlist Manager to join our small but expanding creative team.
You will be used to managing a team in a music-related environment. A natural leader who knows how to run a team of creatives so that that they are working efficiently, on-brief, and on-schedule.
You will oversee the complete process for updating clients’ playlists: from scheduling them, to their design and quality control, through to distribution.
Alongside your management talent, and your professional and motivated approach, you will also have a good ear for music yourself and be a dab hand at creating playlists that meet a brief. You will have knowledge across a multitude of genres, including jazz, classical, pop, world music, and electronic music. You will also bring with you a bulging industry contacts book and know where to find good music.
- Managing a team of seven covering playlist designers, music team assistant, and audio assistants.
- Devising, implementing and managing the complete process for updating clients’ playlists, from scheduling through to playlist design and quality control, up to their distribution.
- Ensuring playlist designers are on track with their schedules and are fully prepared ahead of starting on each project.
- Overseeing the efficiency of the team and the way we deliver our work. Pinpointing areas where we can improve.
- Creating analytical reports on team output and presenting to senior management team.
- Managing playlist amendments / alterations to make sure we are meeting the needs of our clients
- Implementing a quality control process for our music library.
- Overseeing the training of new and existing playlist designers in relation to their playlisting skills, music knowledge and on-going development.
- Alongside our head of music and our R&D team, feed into the development of playlist design software.
- Designing and delivering your own playlist updates which perfectly match the client brief.
- Team management experience, with a proven track record of running efficient teams.
- Exceptional organisational skills, including the ability to oversee multiple projects at once.
- Natural problem solver.
- An understanding of the different types of our hospitality, F&B and retail clients and their changing playlisting requirements across global markets.
- At ease with databases and spreadsheets, and a good all round technical outlook.
- A professional, diligent and conscientious approach to your work
- Natural ear for music, and playlist design skills.
- Ability to recommend new and back catalogue tracks from a wide range of genres.
- Proven experience of running creative teams
- Proven experience of overseeing the scheduling, fulfillment and control quality of creative work
- Experience of running, training and developing teams
- A minimum of 5 years experience in the music industry, ideally within a music curation environment
- Experience of playlist design
- Educated to degree level
This position is full-time and based at our parent company’s Grade II listed headquarters in Hertfordshire. You’ll be surrounded by beautiful countryside so the ability to drive would be the easiest way of getting to work.
Salary in the region of £28-£32k, dependent on experience.
Please send your CV by email, quoting PM0617 in the subject heading, accompanied by a covering letter (with current salary) which demonstrates affinity with Music Concierge and running creative teams, to [email protected].
Applications to be received by 16th June 2017. No phone calls or agencies please.