Music Concierge, the award-winning music consultancy for boutique hotels and luxury brands, is looking for a music Playlist Designer to join our small but expanding creative team.
The playlist designer will develop a sound understanding of our clients’ needs, and then source, program and timetable appropriate tracks in line with the client brief. (Please note this relates to designing music playlists NOT composing music.)
You will have an encyclopedic music knowledge across a multitude of genres, including jazz, classical, pop, world music, and all forms of electronic music. You will also bring with you a bulging industry contacts book and knowledge of how to uncover hidden gems from the furthest corners of the music world. You will already have experience of working in the music industry.
Alongside your creative talent, your professional and motivated approach to work, you are comfortable with working under pressure and eating deadlines for breakfast.
- Designing and delivering playlists of exceptional quality which perfectly match the client brief
- Sourcing high quality content across a variety of genres and eras
- Managing multiple projects and deadlines simultaneously
- Dealing with client feedback and amendments to playlists.
- Basic level database management
- A deep and detailed knowledge of music, both contemporary and back–catalogue. We work with over 100 genres of music so a passion for music of many types is a must.
- An instinctive feel for when and where to use different styles and moods of music
- Experience in designing large music playlists with a specific audience in mind
- Extremely high attention to detail
- A rigorous approach to meeting client briefs. Demonstrating experience of this will help.
- The ability to multi-task effectively and work to strict deadlines
- Supreme confidence in working with software & databases
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- A professional, diligent and conscientious approach to your work
- An understanding of, and affinity with, the brands Music Concierge works with
This position is full-time and based at our parent company’s Grade II listed headquarters in Hertfordshire. You’ll be surrounded by beautiful countryside so the ability to drive would be the easiest way of getting to work. We will only accept applicants who live nearby, or in North London.
Salary in the region of £20-24k, dependent on experience.
Please send your CV by email, quoting PD0617 in the subject heading, and accompanied by a covering letter (with current salary) which demonstrates affinity with Music Concierge and playlisting, to email@example.com,
Applications to be received by 16th June 2017. No phone calls or agencies please