Music Concierge, the award-winning music consultancy for boutique hotels and luxury brands, is looking for a Music Team Manager to join our expanding creative team of music consultants, playlist designers and creative support staff.
You will be used to managing a team in a music-related environment. A natural leader who knows how to run a team of creatives, motivating your direct reports to work efficiently, on-brief, and on-schedule.
Alongside your management talent, and your professional and motivated approach, you will also have a good ear for music yourself and be a dab hand at creating playlists that meet a brief. You will have knowledge across a multitude of genres, including jazz, classical, pop, world music, and electronic music. You will also bring with you a bulging industry contacts book and know where to find good music.
- Managing a team of four playlist designers, one music team assistant and one audio assistant.
- Managing the training and development of new and existing music team members in relation to their playlisting skills and music knowledge.
- Oversee the quality control of the music library. Ensuring enough high quality content is added on a regular basis.
- Identifying which genres requires more content and planning the sourcing of that content. Identifying music tags that need creating or redefining.
- Responding to the booking co-ordinators updates on the team’s progress with their playlisting schedules; identifying how to improve team work rate and motivating the team to deliver high quality music playlists on a consistent basis.
- Recruiting and managing freelancer playlist designers when required.
- Problem solving through creative issues as they arise.
- Designing and delivering your own playlist updates which perfectly match the client brief.
- Team management experience, with a proven track record of running efficient teams.
- Strong organisational skills, including the ability to oversee multiple projects at once.
- Natural problem solver.
- An understanding of the different types of our hospitality, F&B and retail clients and their changing playlisting requirements across global markets.
- A professional, diligent and conscientious approach to your work.
- Natural ear for music, and playlist design skills.
- Ability to recommend new and back catalogue tracks from a wide range of genres.
- Proven experience of managing creative teams, including overseeing their development and training.
- Proven experience of overseeing the fulfillment and control quality of creative work.
- A minimum of 5 years experience in the music industry, ideally within a music curation environment.
- Experience of playlist design.
- Educated to degree level.
This position is full-time and based at our parent company’s Grade II listed headquarters in Hertfordshire. You’ll be surrounded by beautiful countryside so the ability to drive would be the easiest way of getting to work.
Salary in the region of £28-£31k, dependent on experience.
Please send your CV by email, accompanied by a covering letter (with current salary) which demonstrates affinity with Music Concierge and running creative teams, to email@example.com.