Music Concierge, the award-winning music consultancy for boutique hotels, luxury brands, restaurant and bars, is looking for a Music Consultant to join our small but expanding creative team.
You will have an encyclopedic music knowledge across a multitude of genres, including jazz, classical, pop, world music, and all forms of electronic music. You will also bring with you a bulging industry contacts book and knowledge of how to uncover hidden gems from the furthest corners of the music world.
Through implementing and running client-facing meetings and briefings you will develop a sound understanding of our clients’ needs. From your consultation and research you will need to develop inspiring creative concepts that support our clients’ business objectives, and execute them by sourcing and curating appropriate tracks in line with the brief. (Please note this relates to designing music playlists NOT composing original material.)
Alongside your creative talent, your professional and motivated approach to work means that you relish pressure and eat deadlines for breakfast.
- Consulting with a wide range of global hospitality, F&B and retail brands. Devising briefs and providing music consultancy to key stakeholders in line with their business needs.
- Developing and maintaining relationships with clients and taking responsibility for account management of our creative work with them
- Designing and delivering sample music concepts for client approval, and then full music playlists of exceptional quality which perfectly match the client brief.
- Overseeing the on-going fulfillment of such playlists and maintaining exceptional quality control.
- Dealing with client creative amendment requests
- Managing the creative side of new client installations, including international multi-zone hotels
- As part of your consultancy responsibilities you may be required to attend client meetings, and travel to client sites across the globe
- Understanding of MC’s technical solutions and how they integrate with clients’ audio systems. Understanding of how acoustics and AV installations impact the atmosphere and listening experience
- Managing multiple projects and deadlines simultaneously
- Updating and amending client playlists when required.
- A deep and detailed knowledge of music, both contemporary and back–catalogue
- The ability to draw on your knowledge of music to devise and communicate highly creative music concepts tailored to clients’ needs
- An instinctive feel for when and where to use different styles and moods of music
- A rigorous approach to meeting client briefs
- The ability to multi-task effectively and work to strict deadlines
- Supreme confidence in working with software & databases
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent writing style, and ability to succinctly propose music direction and creative concepts through the written word.
- Total confidence and experience in communicating with senior stakeholders e.g. Brand Directors, Operation Managers, CEOs
- Ability to oversee and work effectively with junior creative staff
- A professional, diligent and conscientious approach to your work
- An understanding of, and affinity with, the brands Music Concierge works with
- A minimum of 5 years experience in the music industry probably within a music consultancy or equivalent curation or playlisting role
- Proven experience of articulating and presenting written and verbal creative or marketing ideas
- Experience of running and developing client relationships
- Experience of working with hospitality, F&B or retail brands is a plus
- Educated to degree level
This position is full-time and based at our parent company’s Grade II listed headquarters in Hertfordshire. You’ll be surrounded by beautiful countryside so the ability to drive would be the easiest way of getting to work. We will only accept applicants who live nearby, or in North London.
Salary in the region of £24-28k, dependent on experience.
Please send your CV by email, quoting MC1017 in the subject heading, accompanied by a covering letter (with current salary) which demonstrates affinity with Music Concierge and playlisting, to email@example.com. No phone calls or agencies please.