Award-winning music agency Music Concierge is looking for a passionate Account Manager who loves the type of brands we work with and the service we offer, to oversee key accounts and create long-term, trusting relationships with our clients.
The position is based in Hertford, UK, just north of London.
The Account Manager’s role is to oversee a portfolio of assigned clients within the UK and wider global regions, cultivate these relationships to develop new business opportunities by offering the highest levels of support and actively assist the sales team in winning new opportunities through the introduction of the Music Concierge service.
Account management responsibilities include developing strong relationships with customers, connecting with key business executives and stakeholders and communicating all developments within the account to the wider Music Concierge team. Account Managers also answer client queries as necessary and ensure there is regular and proactive contact. In this role, you will liaise with cross-functional internal teams (including Client Services, Technical Support and Music departments) to improve the entire customer experience. This position may require occasional travel to some of our fantastic client locations.
If you are excited about our service and the amazing clients that we work with, are familiar with account management software (CRM), have a flair for client communication and understand client behaviour, we’d like to meet you!
Candidates for this role will have a flair and unstoppable enthusiasm for all things music related and a preferably good knowledge of all (or any of) the hospitality, food & beverage and retail industries. Ultimately, a successful Account Manager should collaborate with our sales team to achieve quotas while keeping our clients very happy and engaged with our products and services in the long-run.
- Operate as the lead point of contact for any and all matters specific to your clients
- Build and maintain strong, long-lasting customer relationships
- Oversee the client account management, including assisting the sales team in negotiating contracts and agreements to maximize profit
- Initiate the handover from the sales team to internal implementation teams, including providing the initial briefs to the lead creative consultant and installations team as necessary
- Ensure the timely and successful delivery of our service according to client needs and objectives
- Develop trusted advisor relationships with key accounts, client stakeholders and associated partners & suppliers
- Assist with challenging client requests or issue escalations as needed, including monitoring and assisting with remittance as necessary.
- Clearly communicate the progress of monthly/quarterly initiatives to internal and external stakeholders
- Develop new business with existing clients and identify any areas of service improvement that would allow for additional opportunities within the existing client base
- Forecast and track key account metrics and pass to the sales team as necessary to assist with business development
- Prepare reports on account status for internal and external use
- Collaborate with sales team to identify and grow opportunities within territory
- You must have a passion for our business and the types of clients we work with.
- Proven work experience as an Account Manager, Key Account Manager, Sales Account Manager, Junior Account Manager or relevant role
- Demonstrable ability to communicate, present and influence key stakeholders at all levels of an organization, including executive and C-level
- Solid experience with CRM software (e.g. Salesforce, Zoho CRM or MS Dynamics) and MS Office (particularly MS Excel)
- Experience delivering expertly tailored client-focused solutions to customer needs
- Proven ability to juggle multiple account management projects at a time, while maintaining sharp attention to detail
- Demonstrable knowledge of the hospitality, F&B and retail industries is desirable
- In depth knowledge of music recordings and/or the music industry is preferable
- Excellent listening, negotiation and presentation abilities
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- BA/BS degree in Business Administration, Sales or relevant field