Music Business Worldwide is hiring for a Deputy Editor of its website and magazines.
You will join a thriving, growing company at the epicenter of the robust and fascinating modern music industry. The eyes of the entertainment business’s sharpest minds will be upon you 🙂.
This full-time role requires at least 5 years’ experience covering the music, tech, finance or entertainment industries from a business/economic perspective.
That experience should include thorough B2B news/analysis coverage of quarterly fiscal results and related earnings calls.
Applicants should be financially literate, with an excellent grasp of what makes a strong and alluring headline / news hook.
The successful candidate will report to Music Business Worldwide’s Editor.
- Writing 2-3 news-led articles for the MBW website/newsletters each day. We are looking for QUALITY content containing original thinking and illuminating context. The goal is to teach experienced music biz professionals something they didn’t already know. (No copy-pasted press releases!)
- Regular and timely news/analysis coverage of earnings calls and business announcements for multiple publicly-traded companies in the entertainment industry. These companies may be based in the US, UK, China, Europe, or elsewhere.
- Writing interviews (and conducting podcast interviews) with music business leaders and creatives from across the world.
- Contributing multiple interviews plus comment/analysis articles for MBW’s quarterly magazine covering the UK market, Music Business UK.
- Working on MBW’s flagship email products.
- You have at least 5 years’ experience covering global music, tech, finance or entertainment businesses for a B2B publication, and possess a bumper book of industry contacts.
- You know the difference between PR fluff and quality news and analysis content.
- You are a regular reader of Music Business Worldwide, and understand what makes our high-level audience tick.
- Ideally, you have experience with magazine subbing / InDesign (not essential).
- You’re nice to people.
This is a work-from-home / remote role, open to candidates based in the UK, the US, and beyond.
To apply, please email your CV / resumé and a covering note, plus salary expectation, to email@example.com by EOP Wednesday, June 22. Please use email subject MBW DEPUTY EDITOR.
Due to the expected volume of applications, Music Business Worldwide cannot guarantee a reply, but we thank you in advance for your interest.