Music Business Worldwide is the most interesting music industry publication in existence.
There isn’t a significant music business professional that doesn’t read us, react to us or rely on us.
As part of a continued team expansion, we are hiring a Deputy Editor to help take our success to new horizons.
The position, based in London, New York or Los Angeles, will involve making daily editorial contributions to the MBW site, as well as managing our hugely popular Music Business Jobs portal.
The successful candidate will also contribute to our subscription magazines, including Music Business UK, as well as other projects such as the MBW Yearbook plus exciting upcoming launches.
- Sourcing and uploading articles each day on the MBW site
- Sourcing, conducting and writing interviews for the MBW site and our physical publications
- Managing all editorial aspects of the Music Business Jobs platform, including uploads and a weekly mailout
- Setting up MBW’s daily newsletter mailout
- Breaking news online and via our News Alert emails
- Attending industry events and one-on-one meetings on behalf of MBW
- Proofreading/sub-editing physical products such as Music Business UK, the MBW Yearbook and more
- At least 3-5 years working on a recognized news and/or analysis-led publication of national or global importance
- Significant experience in the business media, especially music and/or entertainment, is preferred
- Experience of using online content management systems, including WordPress
- Basic digital image editing skills
- Obviously enough, being an exceptional writer is a must
Things to know
- This role offers the opportunity to work from home / a remote office
- Typical hours will be Monday-Friday, 11am-7pm (UK-based) or 9am-5pm (ET / PT, US-based)
- Future career elevation is probable for those who perform above and beyond
Please submit a CV and two examples of your recent published work to firstname.lastname@example.org, indicating your salary expectations and the length of any prospective notice period.
Unfortunately, due to the expected volume of interest, we cannot guarantee that we will respond directly to every application.