Music Ally’s mission is to help the music industry understand the power of digital trends and tools to build sustainable careers across the globe.
A knowledge and skills company, publishing its well-respected reports since 2002, Music Ally’s training resides at the intersection of music and technology. Through thought-leading conference events, as well as hands-on work with global artists, the company maintains a unique handle on the latest best practices and most effective strategies to build and monetise successfully in the modern global music business.
This role will be focused on working across Music Ally’s education and training business, bringing in ideas and experience around the needs of current release strategies. You will work with the Music Ally team to help ideate and create new courses and topics for our Learning Hub, understand how to develop learning outcomes, as well as to present to our industry clients of labels, managers and beyond.
Music Ally is looking for someone with a passion and understanding of music marketing and the technology, teams and tools used to create successful campaigns. Experience at a label or distribution company, within artist management, or record marketing would be an asset. Some presenting / public speaking experience would be preferable. Confidence in communication and an engaging manner are important assets. Above all, an interest in how to help others learn is essential.
- Developing content in Music Ally’s Learning Hub. Helping us to educate the industry on best practice in audience reach and engagement
- Researching the latest trends across music marketing and the wider music business and staying up to date with developments across social media, streaming services, direct-to-fan marketing, advertising etc
- Delivering presentations and workshops working to upskill the Music Ally training team
- Client relationship management across key projects, setting expectations, and ensuring quality in execution and delivery
- A passion for researching the latest music marketing and business trends
- A willingness to use and gain experience with new marketing platforms and train others in how to use them to build engaged fanbases for artists
- An interest in learning and education – digesting new concepts and communicating that information in a useful and practical way to the music industry
Skills & Experience
- Experience working with artists, managers and labels on campaigns.
- Strong music industry connections
- Previous experience with presenting, a confident communicator
- Strong attention to detail
- A keen eye for design
- Ideally experience with Keynote, also Photoshop, Illustrator,
- Canva and Premier Pro experience a plus
- An ability to think critically about learning outcomes. A strategic mind that can think clearly about the most effective way of communicating knowledge
- Previous experience with content creation (e.g Socials, YouTube) is preferred
- An ability to pick up new concepts and tools quickly
Ideal candidate will have 3+ years experience in the music industry
please send your CV and covering note to firstname.lastname@example.org