Music Ally is best known for providing information to the music business on the fast evolving digital landscape.
We cover global industry trends and also focus on the evolving relationship between artist and fan, primarily through our Sandbox publication and also working with label and management partners on campaign strategy.
We are looking for an experienced, talented, entrepreneurial and driven individual to help us to evolve this side of our business, particularly at the international level.
The successful candidate should have an in-depth understanding of the digital music business and experience of working on digital marketing campaigns. This role may call for some marketing implementation but it’s also important to consider high-level strategy and to be able to communicate and present this strategy to clients.
In addition the successful candidate should be able to identify commercial opportunities and develop partnerships with labels and management companies to help them to enhance their marketing capabilities.
In this respect the role requires both business development acumen and also client management skills. International travel is also likely to be required as part of the role.
We keep a close eye on the startup scene, as well as innovations happening within the main social and music platforms, and we expect you to share our passion for technology and innovation.
So as well as a marketing guru we’re also looking for a tech A&R to spot companies and wider innovations that will impact the marketing landscape, and potentially to work with them on advanced marketing strategies.
Tertiary will be to oversee our own marketing and communications – including our website and social media. Practice what we preach. Ensure our messaging is strong. This will be a line responsibility.
The new hire will also work alongside a new Head of Education and Training and work closely with our existing editorial team to ensure that knowledge and best practice is circulated within the company.
- Experience running digital marketing campaigns; and a passion and interest in current emerging marketing techniques and technologies
- A deep understanding of the digital music ecosystem
- Line manager experience
- Commercial experience delivering ROI against targets and/or proven ability to find funding from brands/sponsors, public sector or other agencies
- Excellent communication skills – engage and influence multiple stakeholders to build strong working relationships
- Strong presentation skills – confidence in speaking in front of large groups
- Proactive approach – creatively explore opportunities through customer engagement
- Project management – ability to manage multiple projects, preferably with experience of using Asana
- Creative – keen to always explore how to use information and insights generated by Music Ally to enhance and engage learning audiences at multiple levels
Please send your CV and a short email introduction to [email protected]