The iconic Mushroom Group, Australia’s leading independent music and entertainment group is on the hunt for an experienced publicist, based in either Sydney or Melbourne, to join the groups label division in the newly created role of Artist & Media Manager.
Mushroom Labels is a diverse family of record labels, representing the likes of Vance Joy, Childish Gambino, Jack River, DMA’S, Violent Soho, Julia Jacklin, CHVRCHES, Confidence Man and The Rubens, to name a few.
About the Role:
Working in a full-time capacity, and as a key member of the core artist team, we are looking for a passionate music lover who will be responsible for developing and executing strategic media plans for their allocated label roster of I OH YOU (DMA’S, Violent Soho, Jack River, Confidence Man), Soothsayer (KUČKA, Willaris.K, Juno Mamba) and 100s + 1000s (Fergus James, D’Arcy Spiller, Tobiahs). The successful applicant will have a proven track record in planning and executing music media campaigns, a great network of contacts and a strong understanding of the media landscape in Australia.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Develop strategic media plans for your allocated artist roster in collaboration with the label and GM, Media & Strategy.
- Execute day-to-day press strategy across Print, TV, Online, whilst coordinating other internal media staff to deliver across all other areas of traditional and non-traditional media.
- Build and maintain strong relationships across all media, with a focus on print, TV, online.
- Provide regular reporting & press updates.
- Manage & maintain artist schedules in line with the overall artist strategy.
- Liaise with artist management on all media and artist scheduling requests.
- On ground artist relations responsibilities.
- Attend gigs, events and launches in a work capacity out of regular business hours as required.
- Min. 3+ years of experience in music publicity, or similar.
- Has an in-depth understanding of the Australian media landscape.
- Has a broad music knowledge and an appreciation for a variety of music genres.
- Strong music vocabulary and confident pitching music verbally and in writing.
If you think you are the right person for the role please submit your cover letter and CV no later than Monday 29th November via link below.
Please note, Mushroom Group is only accepting Australia-based applicants.