Muserk is a leader in modern global rights management for music and video, driven by cutting-edge AI technology solutions that protect and monetize content for rights holders around the world, across all media formats. Muserk launched as a tech company in 2017 founded by entrepreneur Paul Goldman, to find a solution for the gaping hole they identified in the music industry pipeline for rights management. Muserk launched focusing on underserved foreign markets representing some of the world’s largest CMO’s. They quickly began administering mechanical rights for international organizations on YouTube in the U.S. Over the past three years, Muserk’s modern technology has made them a leader in global rights management representing more than 50 countries. At this time Muserk is striving to expand our publisher clientele. Muserk has offices in Nashville, New York, Denmark and Japan.
We are currently seeking to hire a Director of Publisher Relations. Ideally this position will be based in Los Angeles or New York but remote working is also a possibility. We are looking for a well rounded, ambitious and energetic individual to help us expand our reach into the publishing market. This role will report directly to the CEO and be part of our fast growing and dynamic rights administration company that is currently in a “scale-up” phase.
- Establish and maintain relationships with music publishers in both the U.S. and globally and promote the Company’s products and services
- Conduct research to identify and actively seek out potential new customers and their needs
- Procure administrative agreements with publishers and other rights holders
- Liaise with the Product Development team on what needs customers are seeking
- Help to create and maintain a central database of target customers
- Prepare customer contracts ensuring adherence to Company guidelines
- Provide weekly research reports for key industry metrics, charts, and news items
- Work with the Company’s rights management team to keep client records and sales history
- Established professional industry network (publishers, managers, labels)
- Minimum of 5 years in music industry -preferably music publishing
- Excellent communication skills, great attention to detail, and a resourceful attitude
- Comfortable with forecasting and setting clear objectives into deliverables that are clearly understood by others
- Proficient in Google docs/sheets and knowledge of Microsoft Excel
- Ability and willingness to travel to clients and industry conferences
- A thorough understanding of U.S. copyright laws and the related royalty streams derived from these copyrights is necessary
Salary is competitive.
Please submit resume to [email protected] (subject line: Dir of Publishing Relations)