mtheory is seeking a motivated, outgoing, team-oriented and organized individual to work closely with managers, artists and mtheory teammates to facilitate client success in today’s music market. The Senior Director of Digital Marketing will work as a specialist at the direction of mtheory senior management and the client teams to execute and implement strategic and operational initiatives on behalf of clients and their artists in Nashville, New York, and Los Angeles.
The Senior Director of Digital Marketing must have a strong foundational knowledge of all aspects of the music industry with a specialization in the digital and streaming landscape. This position will require regular interaction with DSPs, social platforms, artist management, online and digital marketing, new technologies, advertising, and more. Candidates must have the ability to manage multiple projects at one time, learn quickly, communicate effectively, build meaningful relationships, and take initiative. Ideal candidates will have a strong pre-existing network in the Digital marketing space.
- Drive marketing innovation with our digital partners specifically focused on our artist roster
- Develop DSP strategies and marketing plans that help grow our streaming story
- Develop modern set of best practices for social media marketing
- Develop strong relationships with our partners at social platforms
- Ability to analyze data around a song and draw conclusions informing strategy to continue building songs at streaming services
- Constantly work to discover the “new”, understand those implications, and teach that across the company
- Think globally and help develop strategies that spread the story across
- 5+ years experience in the music industry or marketing/entertainment
- Knowledge of analytics platforms, including (but not limited to): Spotify for Artists, Apple Music for Artists, Chartmetric
- Knowledge of global markets and major players in the digital space ex-US
- Knowledge of content landscape (posting cadence, best-performing types etc.)
- Excellent social and relationship building skills
- Excellent business acumen and diplomatic instinct
- Excellent communication, organizational, and analytical skills
- Strong network within the music industry
- Ability to manage multiple projects at one time
- Proactive with strong prioritization skills
- Ability to work in a loosely structured entrepreneurial environment
- Ability to interact with creative executives, managers and artists
- Google Suite experience
- Experience pulling and analyzing data (creating reports as well as interpreting data), including email, website backends etc.
- Fluency in Excel, Word, and Powerpoint
- Knowledge of online and digital platforms including social media
- Familiarity with running digital advertising campaigns
- Familiarity with CRM and email platforms
Founded in 2010, mtheory is an artist development, marketing, strategy and operations infrastructure designed for artist managers. As the music industry continues its rapid evolution, managers have been required to play a much more active role in the artist development process. To address this challenge, mtheory provides managers with the additional manpower and specialized knowledge required to be successful. Our services include: strategic marketing, DSP relations, product management, tour marketing and production expertise, business affairs, digital and social marketing, CRM and analytics. In addition, we have distribution, production, and financing capabilities that enable artists and managers to operate in a truly independent environment.
mtheory currently works with approximately 25 artist managers, representing over 100 artists across a diverse range of genres. Our management clients represent leading artists such as Flume, Galantis, Twenty Øne Pilots, NF, A$AP Rocky, Masego, Zac Brown Band, Tyler Childers and many others.
There is power in diversity of, but not limited to, race, color, ethnicity, nationality, religion, socioeconomic status, education, marital status, language, age, gender, gender expressions, gender identity, sexual orientation, mental and physical ability, and learning styles. Our team and clients are stronger when we represent all differences & we are committed to having an inclusive & open workspace.
Interested applicants should submit cover letter & resume