Mtheory is looking for a Senior Associate of Production and Artist & Repertoire Administration to join our team!
This position offers the unique opportunity to directly work within the intersection of artist management, and label distribution operations servicing some of the industry’s leading acts and labels.
As part of mtheory’s Production, Distribution and Label Operations team you will be supporting all aspects surrounding the organization, coordination and execution of digital and physical release distribution, and rights management.
True to mtheory’s innovative approach you will simultaneously work cross-departmentally providing assistance and advising your marketing colleagues with your expertise. Via your interdisciplinary approach you’ll ensure that both marketing goals and operational best practices are always achieved within the scope of release setup while maintaining executional excellence.
Integral to your success within this position is your ability to be detail oriented, and highly organized while being comfortable working within a rapidly changing environment.
You will be someone who is both process driven and able to pivot quickly, easily recalibrating your approach to realign the department’s priorities as needed.
In return we at mtheory will empower you to excel within a tight-knit, thoughtful and dynamic team that partners with some of the best in talent, providing you a front row seat to all aspects of the music industry.
mtheory Artist Partnerships has released music from Major Lazer, Flume, bbno$, RL Grime, Tchami and more.
This position directly reports to the Senior Director for Production and Artist & Repertoire Administration.
- Assist the production department in the setup, coordination and distribution of digital, physical and video releases
- Execute the distribution of digital and video releases to Digital Service Providers; Apple Music, Spotify, Amazon, etc.,
- Support the production department in managing and coordinating physical manufacturing and distribution of releases in various formats including vinyl, cds, and cassettes
- Act as front-line communications liaison between our key external operational partners including Digital Service Providers, delivery platforms, analytic partners and others in order to maintain good work flow, clear directives and ensure releases are available
- Organize, and archive incoming digital and physical metadata, assets and accompanying documentation ensuring they’re prepared for delivery to Digital Service Providers and/or for our physical manufacturing vendors
- Ensure all digital releases are delivered according to the latest Digital Service Providers Best Practices, Style Guides and Rules, while maintaining marketing release roll-out objectives
- Facilitate the setup of new Digital Service Providers and/or of other external partners including catalog deliveries and corrections, release takedowns, etc.,
- Bachelor Degree
- 2-3+ years of working experience within the music industry specifically in label distribution operations and or related services
- Exceptional organizational, multi-tasking, and time management skills with a proven track record of delivering on deadlines
- Proactive problem solver with strong prioritization skills to quickly pivot and redirect focus and expertise to colleagues accordingly
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written, including ability to present to all levels
- Ability to work within a loosely structured fast-paced and high-pressure entrepreneurial environment
- Capacity to work both independently, as well as collaboratively across departments
- Ability to interact with a variety of partners, and clients including creative executives, managers and artists
- Acute attention to detail.
- Experience delivering content via digital aggregation platforms such as Fuga, Consolidated Independent or other related services
- Familiarity with Digital Service Provider Best Practices and Style Guides
- Client and vendor management experience is an asset
- Knowledge of project management tool ASANA
- Fluency in Google suite of products (Sheets, Docs, Slides)
- Understanding of digital formats and specifications
Mtheory provides a modern set of capabilities to managers and their artists. Mtheory believes in a holistic approach to artist development that prioritizes streaming to build an engaged fanbase and optimizes campaigns to maximize revenue in artists largest earnings areas (typically live music). Our services include marketing, digital strategy, sales, tour marketing, creative services, live production, deal advisory, distribution, production and project financing.
There is power in diversity of, but not limited to, race, color, ethnicity, nationality, religion, socioeconomic status, education, marital status, pregnancy, language, age, gender, gender expressions, gender identity, sexual orientation, mental and physical ability, and learning styles. Our team and clients are stronger when we represent all differences & we are committed to being an equal opportunity employer.
We require all employees to be fully vaccinated.